PDA

View Full Version : Need help before I get married :[

Ruvie
July 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I haven't posted since last year, but I've been lurking a lot. Since getting engaged in January, I've been upping my hair care. I blow dry at a 6+ inch distance on rare occasions, let my hair air dry 90% of the time and only comb when my hair is 75% dry. I do weekly S&D and take vitamins. Now the problem:

I measured my hair tonight, and I am at 28 inches. This wouldn't be bad if it weren't the EXACT measurement from LAST June :( Ive been taking great care of my hair..why isn't it growing?? I want beautiful hair for my wedding, but I feel very discouraged right now. I dyed my hair at the beginning of the year and I have a few inches (about 2.5) of natural color, but same length. I don't shed much, and I S&D often.

What can I do?

Nightshade
July 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Sadly it sounds like your hair is breaking off at the ends if you're seeing growth at the roots but no gain in length. Check out the article in my siggy on damaged hair, there should be a lot of things to consider trying there.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :flowers:

Ruvie
July 27th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Sadly it sounds like your hair is breaking off at the ends if you're seeing growth at the roots but no gain in length. Check out the article in my siggy on damaged hair, there should be a lot of things to consider trying there.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :flowers:

I definitely agree that Its probably breaking off. We have some very wildly grown catnip bushes in the back, and Im making my first batch of catnip tea today. I will read your article and get to it!

Thanks for the congrats :o