PDA

View Full Version : I haven't washed my hair in 2 days and I... LOVE IT!!!

GabrielleRose
July 26th, 2011, 10:37 PM
OK, so for a while I couldn't stand not washing my hair but I'm trying it out and I'm really loving it! My hair is slightly oily now but I can just brush it through out my hair and bun it up since I have to bun it up for work tomorrow anyway. But what I'm really intrigued about is this no washing has brought my thickness out, woo-hoo measured the circumference of my hair and it's at 4! It was a little more than that earlier so SWEET! One question though, how come the thickness in my hair is coming out while my hair is "dirty"? I thought it would get weighed down and look flat.

sun-kissed
July 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM
OK, so for a while I couldn't stand not washing my hair but I'm trying it out and I'm really loving it! My hair is slightly oily now but I can just brush it through out my hair and bun it up since I have to bun it up for work tomorrow anyway. But what I'm really intrigued about is this no washing has brought my thickness out, woo-hoo measured the circumference of my hair and it's at 4! It was a little more than that earlier so SWEET! One question though, how come the thickness in my hair is coming out while my hair is "dirty"? I thought it would get weighed down and look flat.
Wow, good for you. I'm trying to go two days between my washes as of two weeks ago, and my hair looks pretty horrid right now! Tomorrow's my wash day, and I am so looking forward to it. It's flat, oily, and lifeless. Even BBBing didn't make it much better! But I will go through with this.. I will, no one can stop me, no one!!
-motherlooksatmeweird-

But yeah, I'm really glad for you. Not washing really helps my hair too, and I'm not sure why it seems to get thicker, but I have noticed that mine gets super thick as well, right before it gets over-oily. Maybe one of the more experienced hair gurus can explain..

GabrielleRose
July 27th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Wow, good for you. I'm trying to go two days between my washes as of two weeks ago, and my hair looks pretty horrid right now! Tomorrow's my wash day, and I am so looking forward to it. It's flat, oily, and lifeless. Even BBBing didn't make it much better! But I will go through with this.. I will, no one can stop me, no one!!
-motherlooksatmeweird-

But yeah, I'm really glad for you. Not washing really helps my hair too, and I'm not sure why it seems to get thicker, but I have noticed that mine gets super thick as well, right before it gets over-oily. Maybe one of the more experienced hair gurus can explain..

Thank you! Well, I think may look super horrid by tomorrow night so I may wash it tomorrow night. Also, I don't want my boyfriend touching my hair and it's all oily, and it kind of has that oily smell. I think I made the oiliness worse by getting my hair wet a little wet in the shower. I may need to get a shower cap. I also need to get a BBB, but I don't know what brand to get...:confused: I hope one of the gurus visits us on here to tell us what the thickness is we're experiencing, because I LOVE IT!!!

Signe
July 27th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I have a theory that the thickness is due to the fact that your hair isn't stripped of all its oils. I am on a hardcore WO routine and my hair is looking mega-thick lately....also, I haven't washed it in 2 weeks and it's not oily. :cheese:

GabrielleRose
July 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I have a theory that the thickness is due to the fact that your hair isn't stripped of all its oils. I am on a hardcore WO r outine and my hair is looking mega-thick lately....also, I haven't washed it in 2 weeks and it's not oily. :cheese:

I think your theory could be right, since I was washing my hair everyday! But tonight I must wash since its oily. Also, CONGRATS on the mega-thick hair and your WO method!!!