PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to use to "seal" your ends?

alxardnax
July 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Just curious what is your favorite thing to use to seal your hair after mositurizing it?

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Jojoba oil for the win!!! :D

Mairéad
July 26th, 2011, 06:50 PM
ACV rinses!

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Oh oops.. sorry I don't do any special rinses... and hardly heavily moisturize my hair... hm. But I do use jojoba oil to seal my hair anyways! =D

Chromis
July 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I used to oil my ends. Haven't bothered in years and it hasn't made any difference that I can see. I tried various oils and lotion bars and all it ever did was make my ends look a little stringy.

alxardnax
July 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh oops.. sorry I don't do any special rinses... and hardly heavily moisturize my hair... hm. But I do use jojoba oil to seal my hair anyways! =D

No need to be sorry. I did ask how you seal your ends, not what rinses you do. But I can see how you could use an ACV rinse to seal the cuticle.

spidermom
July 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
CHI Silk Infusion (a coney serum). It's great stuff!

LoversLullaby
July 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Vinegar rinses. I use coconut oil on dry hair, but I guess that's technically not "sealing" in moisture. Ohwell. :)

christine1989
July 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I occasionally use castor oil both to seal ends and as a deep moisture treatment. On a daily basis all I use is a light leave in but it's better than nothing.

clairenewcastle
July 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I used to oil my ends but now I'm just using fresh catnip rinses.

Kosmos
July 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Coconut or Amla oil ocassionally. Though I guess that's not really sealing in anything. I also use a spray leave in on.

jujube
July 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Generally nothing, because my hair is short. I do like grapeseed oil though.

vanillabones
July 26th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I love coconut oil but am using jojoba oil this summer since my hair seems to be sick of the coconut oil. I also use a detangler by Its a 10.
I wonder if anyone uses long term relationship leave-in thingy to seal their ends and if it works nice? :)

CurlyNaomi
July 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I usually seal with grapeseed oil or apricot kernel oil...but I like to experimenting :D

Raiscake
July 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I like coconut oil on my ends. I used to use a coney serum before that, but I prefer oiling nowadays.

mrs carol
July 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I use ACV rinse. It works well. For moisturizing I like to use Jojoba oil.

winona
July 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Argan/Rice Bran/Castor Oil makes my hair so soft it is ridiculous. I have naturally have dry non porous hair:) I only use about 3 drops per section (I do 4 sections)

monsterna
July 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM
After I shower, I finish with a cold shot. I apply Nightblooming's Winter Panacea Salve to the damp ends, and her Triple Moon Oil after it's dry. :)

shikara
July 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
After trying coconut, jojoba, castor, shea, and other things, oddly enough the thing that works best for my hair (and quite miraculously I must say) is African Gold Super Rich Formula Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner - it's a leave in gloop primarily with petrolatum (which many won't touch, but does wonders for me as a moisturizer and my hair has nary a tangle anymore ;)

krissykins
July 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I prefer sunflower oil myself :)

McFearless
July 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I use olive oil on damp hair. I tried using a leave in conditioner and then an oil on top to seal and it only works when I air dry my hair without putting it in a bun. When I damp bunned my hair would get really sticky.

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I love coconut oil but am using jojoba oil this summer since my hair seems to be sick of the coconut oil. I also use a detangler by Its a 10.
I wonder if anyone uses long term relationship leave-in thingy to seal their ends and if it works nice? :)

Oh my god.. I used to use HE long term relationship leave in... mkai it deceived me... it worked well at first (it was the cones, man!!) but then after using it for a while, my hair started getting sticky and super dry... and lots of split ends appeared... and that leave in has alcohol too... all I know is I chopped my hair, and stopped using it, because it was terrible. (the smell is SO divine though!!! :wail: )

AuburnAlight
July 30th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Nothing at the moment. I haven't noticed any need to seal them as my hair barely gets any split ends. But the baby hairs that stick out all over the lenghts of my hair look so awful that I've ordered some shine drops to smooth them down. Dunno if the shine drops are the right cure for that though.

marizzlefoshizz
August 1st, 2011, 06:16 AM
My hair felt it's best when I used to use pumpkin potion leave-in (cone free moisturizing leave-in) then put a little EVOO on top to "seal". Now that I oil shampoo I feel like I no longer need to do that because my hair feels great without adding anything extra out of the shower.

dulce
August 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
1 use A &G hair serum on damp ends.

longcurlygirl<3
August 1st, 2011, 07:20 AM
Coconut oil & grapeseed oil occasionally.

Peggy E.
August 1st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Just got some of Night Blooming's end treatment serum and LOVE it! So think this is what I'm going to be using from now on!