PDA

View Full Version : okay....so im a bit confused here....

annieangel149
July 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM
....i must have misunderstood somthing but my understanding was that if you use cones coconut oil would not be able to absorb into your hair properly . therefore you wouldn't get results. I tried no cones for about 3 months and my virgin hair got worse and worse! so i stopped and went back to cones. About 3 weeks ago, after trying alot of the more expensive greatly reviewed cone poo's and conditioners (to no avail) i picked up herbal essences smooth and soft poo and conditioner! WOW!!! it is so amazing on my hair and leaves it so light and soft! but slightly fluffy after the first day wash! so.. i then did a deep treatment coconut oiling on my hair the night that i washed it, then washing out with my herbal essences conditioner the next morning and i cant believe how great my hair feels! It hasn't been this soft and light for years!! All i can say is that coconut oiling with cones has had great results! BTW! no build up so far with cones and i have been using cones for 3 weeks! :D we'll see how this goes but i hope i have found the products that are right for me!!! Anyone else had good results with herbal essences??? and anyone s hair soaks up coconut oil when using cones???

vanillabones
July 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
My hair also is a big fan of herbal essences, when I was younger all I used was herbal essences and my hair was past BSL and I cut it only once a year. I also love coconut oil and use it for overnight deep treatments with great results. It's not working so well for me this summer so I've switched to jojoba for the summer which has been perfect!
Just make sure to clarify at least once a month. :) I clarify about every 2 weeks since I use cones in my conditioner and leave-in!

Anje
July 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
It can still absorb, but if you've got tons of silicone buildup, don't count on it. It takes a lot of silicone to really coat hair to the point where not much penetrates.

Maelyssa
July 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'm a big fan of Herbal Essences & just recently stopped after experimenting with Tresemme Naturals & my hair loving it even better. Plus we're a family of 7 so the big, huge bottle of Tresemme gives us more bang for the buck. But continue on with the Herbal Essences. When I first started using it I was using it with coconut oil myself & liked the results. Keep it up!

irishlady
July 26th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I generally use Tresemme, VO5 or Lush shampoo bars. And I use coconut oil. Cones and SLS work best for me, but I do sometimes alternate by using non-cone, non-SLS.

Xandergrammy
July 26th, 2011, 05:12 PM
One of my favorite conditioners in my rotation is coney and my hair loves coconut oil, too!

annieangel149
July 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
thanks for your replies! I am keeping a close watch for build up! its just nice that my hair is happy with a product right now! its so fussy! it will let me know if it doesnt like somthing straight away! for months it has stuck its nose up at every thing i have tried so im just so happy that somthing is working well!! :) LHC has been sooo helpful in helping me to keep perservering :cheese:

annieangel149
July 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM
It can still absorb, but if you've got tons of silicone buildup, don't count on it. It takes a lot of silicone to really coat hair to the point where not much penetrates.

ahhh okay.... i didn't know that! thankyou! its amazing the things i learn here! im actually at hair school being here! its like distance learning hair college but without the chopping lol!

spidermom
July 26th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I use both coconut oil and cones and benefit from both. I use my coney serum pretty sparingly, so really - there probably isn't enough coney stuff to coat every single hair, just enough to help my comb or brush glide through without a lot of resistance.