PDA

View Full Version : 1880's long haired mystery woman

heatherovka
July 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Here is some very impressive long hair from the 1880's!

Photo Detective Blog: Mysterious Woman With Wavy Hair (http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/photodetectiveblog/2011/07/25/MysteriousWomanWithWavyHair.aspx)

Long hair and genealogy, two of my favorite things! :D

Vani1902
July 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
wow...thats so awesome. :)

ArienEllariel
July 26th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I enjoyed the picture and reading about who the mystery woman could be. I wish I knew more about my family.. only one relative keeps track of his geaneology and he's not that close of a relative. I would ask him about what he does but I don't feel comfortable... he's rather creepy. Ugh. Maybe I can do my own searching someday?

neko_kawaii
July 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I love old pictures like that. We have one of an unknown relative from the 1800's who looks EXACTLY like me. Sadly, no time machine was involved because I am now older than the lady in the picture.

princessp
July 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Wow that is some gorgeous hair and the mystery woman is very pretty too. I hope the family figures out who she is. Very cool.

CaityBear
July 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
That's so awesome. Lovely hair.

I don't think any of my family could trace back farther than a generation or two sadly. :( I wish I knew more. I LOVE history and learning about way past generations.

Loreley
July 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I love these kind of pictures and the 1800's! :D

Ishje
July 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
thanks for the link! the picture of the lady is gorgeous. what an amount of hair!

the link to dutchblood.com is very interesting to me as well, maybe it can give me some idea's about how to trace back my own family tree ^^

Kosmos
July 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I buy mystery photos of 1800's people all the time at local flea markets. I love speculating about who they were and what they were like. Don't have any gorgeous hair down photos though.

Magdalene
July 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Looks alot like a photo of mine http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=72&pictureid=38277

Madora
July 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM
So lovely! Those ladies of the past sure knew a thing or two about caring for luxurious tresses! Thanks for posting!

Alaia
July 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Gorgeous!

I really love those super-old photos of ladies with super-long hair! They are all SO magnificent!!

:D

Sharon
July 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I love it.

elbow chic
July 26th, 2011, 04:49 PM
what a pretty lady. Thanks for sharing!

Oldfashioned
July 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Gorgeous! Hope they find out who she was.

TheMelodiousOne
July 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
She looks very much a fair lady, doesn't she? What it must've been like back then, caring for long hair without internet... Though perhaps long hair was more the norm?

Maybe life was just a live action version of LHC, with everyone talking hair, and braiding each others tresses, and being feminine and beautiful in general.

*swoons over mental image* :D

Carriegirl
July 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
She's so beautiful! It seems that so many women in the age had LONG hair like that. They really did know how to keep it so beautifully!

Lostsoule77
July 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Her hair was simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting. I love old pictures like that. :)

Avienda
July 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
It's pictures like that that make me want super long hair. I like older era's better then our current one, even though I use technology all the time and the long hair reminds me of older era's...

ArienEllariel
July 26th, 2011, 07:58 PM
She looks very much a fair lady, doesn't she? What it must've been like back then, caring for long hair without internet... Though perhaps long hair was more the norm?

Maybe life was just a live action version of LHC, with everyone talking hair, and braiding each others tresses, and being feminine and beautiful in general.

*swoons over mental image* :D

Oh wouldn't that be great? I would hope to some extent that it was like that.

bluequeequeg
July 29th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Love old pictures. I have a few of my ancestors but none with their hair down (and I suspect that their hair wouldn't have been quite as long had it been). Somewhat of a related tangent; my great great grandmother wore her hair in a Gibson girl pompadour every day of her adult life, never any variation.

Sookie
July 30th, 2011, 12:16 AM
My family in the 1800s were nomads. :D So i don't have any pictures at all..:p

Leah Polamalu
July 30th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I am in always in awe of pictures like this...so nice.

Jezerellica
July 30th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I love these kind of pictures and the 1800's! :D
Me too!! I never get tired of looking at them in all the detail they provide. From hair, clothing, furniture, upholstery, etc. I just love them! My Dad is a history buff and I'll bet he could date this within 15 years. He's amazing.