PDA

View Full Version : Oil treatments after hair dye

BeccaAngel
July 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM
How soon after I coloured my hair, could I do an EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) treatment? I did a box dye but it was the least harmful I could find. I did this about 2 days ago... from the 24th of July. Should I wait a while or go for it? My ends need it more than the rest does. :)

BeccaAngel
July 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
can anyone help me out?

Anje
July 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
How much oil are you thinking of putting on? You might be OK with a drop or two, but since heavy oilings are sometimes used to pull out colors people don't like, I'm not sure you'd be wise to do a heavy oiling for a while.

Joliebaby
July 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I think the general rule is to wait 48 hours after coloring -because that is the time window to try and remove unwanted color before it settles in more. Yet frequent oiling, especially hot oiling, can gradually fade even old hair color. It all depends on how porous your hair is and how well it grabs color. Some people never can fade unwanted color, especially this dark, no matter what they try. Some people have hair color fade on them all the time, when they want to keep it!!

I would oil though if my hair needed it.

amaiaisabella
July 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I would do a deep treatment with oils in it, like an SMT or caramel treatment, rather than straight oil, so you get the benefits of oiling but also moisture, and the oil would be less likely to pull out color.

BeccaAngel
July 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
All I have is EVOO, and its only my ends that need it.

curlymarcia
July 26th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Why don't you try EVOO in a small piece of hair instead on all of it??? If you don't like the color after EVOO you can use another treatment. My favorite is avocado hair mask, just mash and avocado and leave as long as you want. It makes wonders, plus the avocado never fades my hair color. Other people like protein treatments after coloring.