PDA

View Full Version : Question about CO "washing"...

MermaidOH
July 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I am very new to CO "washing", my question is if I wanted to oil my hair fairly heavily and then "wash" CO would the conditioner really be enough to "wash" my hair or on the days I do oil heavily before a "wash" do I need to use my sulfate free shampoo? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

darklion
July 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
yes, c/o is especially good after a heavy oiling.
no extra shampoo need.
it sounds strange but it really works better!!!

Alaia
July 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
The Conditioner will work better than using Shampoo as well when you oil heavily.

Oil removes Oil ;)

Dr. Girlfriend
July 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM
The Conditioner will work better than using Shampoo as well when you oil heavily.

Oil removes Oil ;)

She's absolutely right. When I started using castor oil I had to shampoo like four times to get it all out. CO takes it right out, and preserves the effect of oiling. I was skeptical about condish doing a better job of getting oil out than shampoo, but it is 100% true.

Siiri
July 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
For me CO-washing removes oil better when I apply the conditioner to dry (oiled) hair and wait for about half an hour before I wash it (normally I leave it on my hair for about 5 minutes). Some oils are easier to remove with CO-washing, for me coconut oil normally washes out well, but olive oil needs two CO-washes because it's heavier.