PDA

View Full Version : hair going darker ?

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I've been wondering for a long time if my hair is going darker or as I write this, is it because of winter, winter here in Ozland .. or perhaps, my first excuse, no flash BUT I have several other pics with flash and it's still somewhat darker ..

see siggy pics .. the first taken in Feb when I first joined LHC, I've never not taken care of my hair I SCed then, the second taken July, this month, I CWC, since joining and oil a lot .. if it's winter that I can blame, I have to wait till summer to find out .. Other than those excuses, I think it's oiling, anyone have this happen to them too ?

Mesmerise
July 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
It could be a combination of things. I do think oiling can make your hair appear darker, but if it's washed out, I don't think the darkness remains (but I have no absolute evidence to back this up!).

The major reasons would be lack of flash and lighting I think. While hair can go lighter in the summer due to the sun, the lightness should be permanent (and the difference would be between the length of the hair and the roots, not the entire length of hair).

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm positive my hair was cwced with no oil for this photo .. and yes it's dark from the roots down .. maybe it is the lighting, the first was taken at a curtained window, with flash, with the sun straining to shine thru .. as mentioned above, I have other pics taken with flash, well I had them taken at that window, with flash but being winter the sun is not straining thru, so I think you may be right, it's the lighting .. thanks Mesmerise :-)

Misti
July 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
anyone have this happen to them too ?

Ha! Quite the opposite, my friend. Quite the opposite. ;)

But flash or oil or...you hair is lovely in both photos and looks shiny and healthy -- especially in the recent photo.

swetiepeti
July 25th, 2011, 04:12 PM
for your pics most likely the lighting since it's evenly changed. However, hair naturally because darker once you've had children and slowly as you age until you go grey, assuming you turn grey. It's up there with your feet get larger with pregnancy and your nose and your feet continue to grow slightly as you age.
Having a large nose and wide feet and liking my hair light made all these facts slightly depressing to me, lol. I am cheered by the fact that my mother in her 70's only has a touch of grey and I at 50 still have none.

dulce
July 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Slinks-I think it is a combination of the lighting when the pic was taken and the season[summer hair highlites vs winter] Wait till you go gray more! I look fairly dark inside,outside I look almost all white especially in the front in pics!

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Ha! Quite the opposite, my friend. Quite the opposite. ;)

But flash or oil or...your hair is lovely in both photos and looks shiny and healthy -- especially in the recent photo.

lol .. thank you :-)

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM
for your pics most likely the lighting since it's evenly changed. However, hair naturally because darker once you've had children and slowly as you age until you go grey, assuming you turn grey. It's up there with your feet get larger with pregnancy and your nose and your feet continue to grow slightly as you age.
Having a large nose and wide feet and liking my hair light made all these facts slightly depressing to me, lol. I am cheered by the fact that my mother in her 70's only has a touch of grey and I at 50 still have none.

yeah my hair did go darker when I had my kids .. 50 and still no greys .. I'm 46 and my greys are just starting to come thru since turning 40 :-)

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Hi Slinks-I think it is a combination of the lighting when the pic was taken and the season[summer hair highlites vs winter] Wait till you go gray more! I look fairly dark inside,outside I look almost all white especially in the front in pics!

Yeah I agree .. I just wanted to see what others thought .. I had a comment that I'd coloured it .. lol, I hadn't just the lighting, flash and sun and blah, blah, blah diff .. lol .. I can't wait till I get more silvers = more shine !! :-)

annieangel149
July 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
yeah my hair did go darker when I had my kids .. 50 and still no greys .. I'm 46 and my greys are just starting to come thru since turning 40 :-)

cone free and more conditioner made my hair darker but when i changed to cones shampoo and conditioner just a month ago my hair got lighter! btw i love your hair :D:cheese:

dulce
July 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM
And your hair IS gorgeous!!!Super shiny and smooth.

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 06:18 PM
cone free and more conditioner made my hair darker but when i changed to cones shampoo and conditioner just a month ago my hair got lighter! btw i love your hair :D:cheese:

hmmm .. I use cones, I tried no cones once and did not like the results enough to give it a chance, talk about barnyard fodder !! I do use more condish as I cwc, a build up of cones ?? .. not that I'm worried or anything, I just wanted to see if I could pin point why .. I did just buy clarifying shamp and condish, in case I do have a build up .. time will tell :-)