PDA

View Full Version : alcohol in Aloe gel

archel
July 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM
DRAT. I bought some aloe vera gel at Walgreen's today and when I got it home I noticed that yes it is clear and has none of the "cooling" ingredients for sunburn, but it does contain SD alcohol 40. Now I'm scared to use it as a gel for my hair or in the SMT I was going to make. Should I try it or not? :confused:

kwaniesiam
July 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Most clear aloe gels have some form of alcohol in them as a preserving agent. It's fine to use in an SMT and on your hair.

archel
July 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Oh, good! I was afraid I wasted my 2 fitty. :-P

KatiSasha
July 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Does yours say 100% aloe vera gel on it and alcohol is only in the list of ingredients? If not, I'd wait for more opinions. Mine is from Good Earth and it says 100% on the front, but it does contain some preservatives, although none of them are alcohol. I'd be concerned about the amount of alcohol in it.

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I had bought some cheap Walgreens aloe, and didn't see the alcohol in it... should have thought of that first... so I am not using it anymore and instead bought some pure clear aloe gel. I just want to stay clear of any alcohol in my leave in products, period. Last time I used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner, and it had alcohol in it.. and totally ruined my hair after prolonged use... =/