PDA

View Full Version : Wen?

Kristamommyx3
July 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I tried searching for it, but got no results...does anyone have the scoop on wen? It sounds a lot like The CO method. Has anyone tried it? Just curious...:)

Nae
July 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Here you go! This thread is a pain in the patootie to find because the word Wen is way short.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68147

I hope that helps.

The consensus seems to be that Wen is just an expensive type of CO. Some people really like how it smells though.

GoldberryHair
July 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
It's a shampoo that's suppose to cleanse so Idk how similiar it could be to CO because it does have things it in that actually clean your hair...

Kristamommyx3
July 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks! :)

Here you go! This thread is a pain in the patootie to find because the word Wen is way short.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68147

I hope that helps.

The consensus seems to be that Wen is just an expensive type of CO. Some people really like how it smells though.

Nae
July 25th, 2011, 08:43 AM
It's a shampoo that's suppose to cleanse so Idk how similiar it could be to CO because it does have things it in that actually clean your hair...

Ahhh, but that is the trick. Conditioner also has gentle surfactants in it that cleanse the hair, that is why CO works. Wen isn't actually a shampoo.

Delila
July 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Next time you need to search for something short, try a tag search.

IIRC, people have tagged Wen threads since the regular search has trouble with tiny words.

Nae
July 25th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Oh and if you are computer challenged like myself, you can just google "long hair community Wen." It works like a charm.

mojavewolf1
July 26th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I tried searching for it, but got no results...does anyone have the scoop on wen? It sounds a lot like The CO method. Has anyone tried it? Just curious...:)
I tried Wen..I think it is a waste of money! I personally did not like it..:poot:

Dark40
July 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I've tried Wen, and I love this product. It really works wonders for my hair!:)

NaClH2O
July 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm currently using it, and love it. :) Mostly because it smells delicious. (I have the sweet almond mint kind) I think it works great and I have completely stopped having split ends and overall frizziness. It's expensive....but works well, I think! :)

americanjan1
July 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I tried it. Hated it. Forgot how MUCH I hated it and tried it again. Hated it the second time too. It's super coney and that just does not work for my hair. I am CO and I currently love Terax Crema. The Wen just did not work for me. I wanted to love it because some people swear by it, but alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

christine1989
July 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I never actually bought it but I tried my aunt's bottle a few times and did not like it at all. Suffice it to say that I have VERY dry hair and Wen was WAY too moisturizing for me. It left my hair really greasy looking even though I used only a little.

NaClH2O
July 26th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Sometimes it depends on which Wen you're using for what results you get. I've tried 3 different kinds of Wen and have had the best success with the Sweet Almond Mint. The Fig one was AWFUL, smelled funky and left a weird residue. As long as you read up on their website, they say what type of Wen works best for what kind of hair. Like Lavender for thin, fine hair and Tea Tree/Cucumber for dry hair with an oily scalp.

alxardnax
July 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I think most people on LHC would give it a thumbs down because it is expensive and it has cones it in but I LOVE wen, and even though I avoid cones, I don't mind it in Wen too badly because it is much lower in the ingredients list (about middle-endish) so there isn't that much. The silicone in there is amodimethicone which is actually a pretty good conditioning agent. According to naturallycurly it:

•Provide deep conditioning
•Provide targeted conditioning to areas of particularly damaged hair
•Protect from thermal damage
•Increase color retention
•Resist build up
•Impart gloss and shine

Wen has literally changed my hair and I know it is not the silicones because I have used products LOADED with silicones and none of them have moisturized my hair like this. That being said my hair doesn't get greasy easily and it takes to most products pretty well. I have tried almost all the WEN COs and my favorite is Lavender but they all work nicely for me.

A number of other conditioners that a lot of LHC people like to use for CO actually leave a weird residue/film on my hair whereas wen didn't, but most people have the opposite experience. I really think it depends on your hair and scalp type (duh!).

Could you find a similar product for less? Definately, but I find this works the best for me so far and I will continue to use it. Heck, it is a butt load cheaper than the hair products I use to use so I consider this economizing. lol.

pkd
July 26th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I'm a Wen lover, too. But have to agree with NaClH2O - the flavors are all different. I like tea tree and occasionally will buy sweat almond. The other ones were terrible for me.

Miss Maisie
July 26th, 2011, 11:12 PM
The first time I tried it I hated it. I followed their directions and my hair felt heavy, gross, and dirty after it dried.

I tried it again. I didn't use as much as they instructed, and I never used the deep conditioner that they sent me, and I LOVED it. My hair had so much body and was just beautiful.

For me the bad thing was that I ordered it through Guthy Renker, and they put me on a plan where they automatically shipped new product to me every few weeks. When I went to cancel it their customer service was a nightmare. The woman was really nasty with me, and I swore that I'd never order through them again.

I won't say I'll never use the product again, but I'll definitely get it from a different source (maybe Amazon).

Rustella
July 26th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I use Sally Beauty Supply's knock off "Hair One." Still not cheap, but cheaper than Wen. Love it, and now my hair is far less oily and I can wash it less often. CO with others I've tried just doesn't give me the same results.

GingerSnapO
July 26th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I love it, but I'm currently trying out other conditioners to make a more affordable CO method. My favorite Wen flavors are Sweet Almond Mint and Tea Tree.