PDA

View Full Version : tea rinse question

layla<33
July 24th, 2011, 10:22 PM
okay. ive used tea rinses for my hair and skin before but i have a inquiry :) this tea is a 'mint medly' with organic high quality herbs. ingredients: peppermint leaves, spearmint leaves, rose hips, lemon peel, hibiscus. i read in a article here that peppermint leaves and rose hips are good for strenthing damaged hair which is GREAT! but im curious about the hibiscus and spearmint leaves. i really want to know if these would be drying as im looking for something to stregnthen and add a little moisture to my hair that i already have on hand in my cabinet. i dont think theres much lemon peel so im not too worried about that. thanks :)

layla<33
July 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM
as a note i read that hibiscus flowers and leaves can be ground up and used in shampoos and conditioners.

layla<33
July 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM
okay did some research: peppermint leaves and rosehips: strengthening hibiscus: conditioning spearmint leaves: adds shine and helps control oilyness.. ill steep this tonight and try it tommorow and post the results for anyone whos interested :)

MissAlida
July 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I'd love to see your results. I have some fresh spearmint leaves from the mountains, where I spent my weekend, and I also have hibiscus. If it works for you , I might give it a try. A little moisture is always welcome.:)

layla<33
July 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'd love to see your results. I have some fresh spearmint leaves from the mountains, where I spent my weekend, and I also have hibiscus. If it works for you , I might give it a try. A little moisture is always welcome.:)

sounds like a plan :) i cant wait to try it ive got a bad cause of the frizzies at the moment :o

Nightshade
July 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
There's a whole article in my siggy about herbal hair coloring, and you'll find lots about herbal rinses in there :flowers:

layla<33
July 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
There's a whole article in my siggy about herbal hair coloring, and you'll find lots about herbal rinses in there :flowers:
thats were i got the info about peppermint leaves and rose hips, or well actually that might have been another article of yours i cant remember :D ive read all your very informative articles :p