PDA

View Full Version : My best wash-day hair... EVER.

SoulOfTheSea
July 24th, 2011, 08:46 PM
It is so amazing, it feels like day 2/day 3 hair!! Here's what I did differently:

I used Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo+Conditioner (just bought it last night :D )

After I got out of the shower, I spritzed Kimberlily's defrizz spray, with no glycerin, into my hair. (found here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277)

Usually I just let my hair air-dry down or half up with a clip, but this time I used a big claw clip to hold all of my hair as it air-dried.

I cannot BELIEVE how frizz-free, smooth and soft my hair is for a wash day today!!!! I am still in shock, my hair has never looked this good!!! :joy:

bettylibertine
July 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm totally trying this! :D

whitestiletto
July 24th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I also find that putting my hair up in a clip to dry helps waves and wurls hold their natural definition.

SoulOfTheSea
July 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I'm totally trying this!

I hope it works for you! Come back with results, I'd love to hear!! :)

I also find that putting my hair up in a clip to dry helps waves and wurls hold their natural definition.

I am definitely doing this every time I wash now lol

pocketsmall
July 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I love the color (:

Slinks
July 24th, 2011, 11:41 PM
hmmm .. lol, I buy the Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo+Conditioner for my daughter but never thought to try it myself !! :-) perhaps I shall ..

Alaia
July 25th, 2011, 03:54 AM
What fabulous results!

Your hair looks amazing :thud:

naereid
July 25th, 2011, 04:07 AM
The result is gorgeous! How did you clip it, like a peacock twist or did you roll it all up in a bun and clip it?

virgo75
July 25th, 2011, 05:48 AM
GORGEOUS! :thud:

Based on your pic I clicked the link then RAN to my bathroom to try this out on my dry hair(haven't washed it yet today but it was frizzy and dry). I used tap water, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil with a little less water than suggested and minus the glycerin which makes my hair frizz like I have my hand on one of those electric globe things. :lol:

Oh my goodness! It is heaven in a bottle!!! I'm so mad at myself for not trying it sooner. :brickwall:

Thank you sooo much for posting your great results! Your hair looks beautiful! :flower:

Sunny_side_up
July 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Good for you:) Your hair is a lovely length and looks great. Your hair seems to like it

However that is what i was using for a couple of weeks, firstly i thought it was pretty good, though my hair felt kinda 'flat', progressively finding my hair not feeling nice at all, looking quite dull, weighted and was getting an itchy scalp and hair was shedding a bit (was originally using dr organic shampoo- vit E).

Soo, after a clarifying and back with Jasons (apricot) my shine, volume and swishyness are back. Still, with that treseme i didn't get raw itchy knuckles like i do with sls shampoos. But i don't think i will be going back to treseme naturals. My hair doesn't get on with it! :cool:

Nae
July 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Trying it!!!

SoulOfTheSea
July 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM
First off, thank you so much for the lovely compliments! My first thuds! :happydance:

The result is gorgeous! How did you clip it, like a peacock twist or did you roll it all up in a bun and clip it?

I just clipped it into a ponytail (pic below), I have too much hair for it to stay up lol

GORGEOUS!

Based on your pic I clicked the link then RAN to my bathroom to try this out on my dry hair(haven't washed it yet today but it was frizzy and dry). I used tap water, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil with a little less water than suggested and minus the glycerin which makes my hair frizz like I have my hand on one of those electric globe things.

Oh my goodness! It is heaven in a bottle!!! I'm so mad at myself for not trying it sooner. :

Thank you sooo much for posting your great results! Your hair looks beautiful!

Oh my goodness I feel the SAME way!! All those years of trying commercial frizz-fighting products ruined my hair and that's why I chopped it last April! I'm glad I could share my results with you guys!! :)

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/SoulOfTheSeas/DSCF2621480x640.jpg

SoulOfTheSea
July 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Good for you:) Your hair is a lovely length and looks great. Your hair seems to like it

However that is what i was using for a couple of weeks, firstly i thought it was pretty good, though my hair felt kinda 'flat', progressively finding my hair not feeling nice at all, looking quite dull, weighted and was getting an itchy scalp and hair was shedding a bit (was originally using dr organic shampoo- vit E).

Soo, after a clarifying and back with Jasons (apricot) my shine, volume and swishyness are back. Still, with that treseme i didn't get raw itchy knuckles like i do with sls shampoos. But i don't think i will be going back to treseme naturals. My hair doesn't get on with it! :cool:

I'm sorry to hear it doesn't work for you, and it is only my first use, so we'll have to see if my hair continues to love it. I've used it before a long time ago... I just don't remember how my hair reacted, for it was in my pre-LHC days...

ChristyM
July 25th, 2011, 01:38 PM
It is so amazing, it feels like day 2/day 3 hair!! Here's what I did differently:

I used Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo+Conditioner (just bought it last night :D )

After I got out of the shower, I spritzed Kimberlily's defrizz spray, with no glycerin, into my hair. (found here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277)

Usually I just let my hair air-dry down or half up with a clip, but this time I used a big claw clip to hold all of my hair as it air-dried.

I cannot BELIEVE how frizz-free, smooth and soft my hair is for a wash day today!!!! I am still in shock, my hair has never looked this good!!! :joy:
You hair looks healthy and shiny. I'm going to try this too. Thanks for the info and the link to Kimberlily's defrizz spray :)

gracenotes
July 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Such beautiful shine and texture!! I'm going to have to try the defrizz spray next time I wash :)

SoulOfTheSea
July 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hope you guys have success with the defrizz spray! I am so glad I found it! :flower:

ChristyM
July 26th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Well I went out this morning and bought the Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo+Conditioner (I was gonna wait until my current shampoo and conditioner ran out, but what the heck) and so far I love it. The shampoo was gentle and not too squeaky/clean and the cond. was thick and I could actually run my fingers through my hair while in the shower. I will give an update when it's dry. Also, I made a batch of Kimberlily's defrizz spray, so I will let you know how that goes as well.

MeganE
July 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
GORGEOUS! :thud:

Based on your pic I clicked the link then RAN to my bathroom to try this out on my dry hair(haven't washed it yet today but it was frizzy and dry). I used tap water, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil with a little less water than suggested and minus the glycerin which makes my hair frizz like I have my hand on one of those electric globe things. :lol:

Oh my goodness! It is heaven in a bottle!!! I'm so mad at myself for not trying it sooner. :brickwall:

Thank you sooo much for posting your great results! Your hair looks beautiful! :flower:

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this site. The image I have of you seeing the pictures and then running to the bathroom to try it yourself seems to perfectly sum up how desperately we love our hair and how much we want it to be beautiful!! :D

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Well I went out this morning and bought the Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo+Conditioner (I was gonna wait until my current shampoo and conditioner ran out, but what the heck) and so far I love it. The shampoo was gentle and not too squeaky/clean and the cond. was thick and I could actually run my fingers through my hair while in the shower. I will give an update when it's dry. Also, I made a batch of Kimberlily's defrizz spray, so I will let you know how that goes as well.

WOOOOOOOO!! I'm so glad you are keeping us updated! :) I can't wait to see how your hair turns out!! Oh and isn't the smell just divine?

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this site. The image I have of you seeing the pictures and then running to the bathroom to try it yourself seems to perfectly sum up how desperately we love our hair and how much we want it to be beautiful!!

The first time I read her post, I could not stop laughing! I love how mad we are over hair at LHC!! :)

Henrietta
July 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you for sharing this! You have beautiful hair. Shiny, thick, with awesome waves and colour:)

princessp
July 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I may have to give this a go too.

naereid
July 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I just clipped it into a ponytail (pic below), I have too much hair for it to stay up lol
Oh thanks for the pic, I get it now! :grnbiggri

SoulOfTheSea
July 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the compliments.. I am so flattered.. after years of thinking I had ugly hair, I'm much more confident now :)

and you are welcome naereid :flower:

ChristyM
July 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
WOOOOOOOO!! I'm so glad you are keeping us updated! :) I can't wait to see how your hair turns out!! Oh and isn't the smell just divine?

After the first wash - when wet my hair was smooth and manageable - when dry it was well dry.... I did try the defrizz spray as well. So I think the next step is to just wash and shampoo and skip the defrizz spray and see what happens. Will let you know.

The smell is awesome. I love it.

Thank you for the compliments.. I am so flattered.. after years of thinking I had ugly hair, I'm much more confident now :)

Your hair is really pretty. I love the new signature picture with the sticks.