PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help PLEASE

GabrielleRose
July 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Hello everyone! I was wondering if y'all could help me with hair typing my hair. I have always had straight hair, but since I've started growing it has become wavy. Also, if you have any advice or critiques they would be most appreciated. I also consider my hair thick, so give me your thoughts.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2vd1x6q.jpg http://i54.tinypic.com/2ewps2b.jpg

Kelikea
July 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe 1b? If it is thick it is probably a 1b/m/iii but you can check by making a ponytail and measuring it around the circumference. Mine measured 4in, so iii. I really like your color and your hair has great body!

MissManda
July 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Your hair looks 1c/2a or just 2a to me. I'm not good at hair typing, however, so you should wait for more opinions. :)

GabrielleRose
July 24th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe 1b? If it is thick it is probably a 1b/m/iii but you can check by making a ponytail and measuring it around the circumference. Mine measured 4in, so iii. I really like your color and your hair has great body!

Thank you so much! Well, some days it depends on the measurement because sometimes I can get more than 3 and 4. My hair is picky lol!
Thank you for your typing help, and thanks for saying my hair has great body. ;) As for the m in the hair type I have some fine and medium due to the blonde hair I have, but I also have some brown and red strands.

Your hair looks 1c/2a or just 2a to me. I'm not good at hair typing, however, so you should wait for more opinions. :)

Thank you, and I will await more opinions. :)

wendy51
July 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM
you're 1B/1C ^^ definitely

monsterna
July 24th, 2011, 08:37 PM
1c or 1c/2a.

luthein
July 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
It looks like you have loose, stretched-out S waves throughout most of your hair, so I'm voting for 2a. Very pretty!

GabrielleRose
July 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
It looks like you have loose, stretched-out S waves throughout most of your hair, so I'm voting for 2a. Very pretty!

Thank you for the very pretty comment. :)

Anje
July 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I'd say about 2a. Maybe 1c/2a, but those waves are pretty defined.

twilight_faerie
July 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I'd say 1c.

Mesmerise
July 25th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I'm debating between a 1c/2a and 2a... Was your hair in the picture brushed or combed at all after washing and air drying?? To do real hair typing you need to not manipulate the hair at all!! (Very hard to do I find :p).

For thickness, you're possibly ii/iii if you're very close to 4" without quite being there.

Alaia
July 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I'd also say 1c/2a. It's kind of hard to tell the C/M/F classifier just from a photo, same with i/ii/iii.

I reckon to get the most accurate measurements for thickness you should measure it just after washing and air drying, with no manipulation (like Mesmerise said).

ZaBasDa
July 25th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Definitely at least a 2a. You've got more than just the occasional s-wave.

jojo
July 25th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Id say your a solid 2a f/m (though hard to tell unless i felt your hair) and ii/iii

GabrielleRose
July 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all your hair typing! In the pictures my hair was brushed, and I do find it hard not to manipulate it after showering since my hair tangles and I always get the urge to comb them out. But I will follow the advice on not doing anything and just letting it air dry. As soon as I do this I will post those pictures up and I'm hoping for all your help. Thank you so much!

vanillabones
July 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'd say 1c/2a but mostly 2a, maybe even fully 2a.
I'm 1b or 1c possibly and if that's 1b hair I must be straighter than 1a :D

MissManda
July 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM
If you manipulated your hair while air-drying and it looks like that, then you're at least a 2a. :)

spidermom
July 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I think it's 2A also.

Mesmerise
July 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
If you manipulated your hair while air-drying and it looks like that, then you're at least a 2a. :)

Yup, that's why I asked if she'd brushed it at all ;) it made the diff (for me) between whether she was 1c/2a or a full on 2a!