PDA

View Full Version : Jamila 2011 - Colour.

DuckyDot
July 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
What colour has the 2011 batch of Jamila had on your hair? When I henna in August i'm using this and would like to know the colour it has come out on your hair.
Please post your mix and the colour the henna was applied onto below.

pink.sara
July 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Applied twice onto medium brown hair with copper tones. Used plain warm water and dye released for 10 minutes, left on for 3 hours. First application made very orange result, second application a week later made it much darker brown with very bright red tones (not a cool red though)
I love this stuff!

Mymagicfairy
July 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I mixed mine with hibiscus tea and two tablespoons of lemon juice...let it sit for 12 hours on top of the fridge. Then on my head for 4 hours. My hair already had pervious henna and indigo but I used Yemen before. I like Jamilla seems a lot more bright!

DuckyDot
July 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'm glad you all had success with your henna!
More replies please people! :D

Fethenwen
July 25th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Interesting poll! Will watch this one with interest, I have no idea myself which tones jamila gives, but I'm willing to try it sometime.

Seishin
July 25th, 2011, 02:46 AM
My first mix was with lemon juice and rooibos tea and left for dye release over night. Came out a very dark copper colour on my dark brown/black hair. my hair is naturally curly so sometimes a bit dry and the copper seems more obvious to the eye. Will be trying my second batch this weekend using tea only as the lemon frazzled my hair. Some members have had equal success with only leaving for dye release for a few short hours or by applying straightaway. Best to experiment with few tests with hair from your brush . I will keep you posted on my colour after the weekend:D

Brat
July 27th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I used 2011 Jamila over highlights that were dyed box color black. The black is fading, and there is a rich wine colored red coming out. Although, the spots I missed with the dye were orange at first!

DuckyDot
July 29th, 2011, 04:24 PM
More replies please everyone! Thanks for everyone's results so far.

VikingVampChick
July 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Just put Jamila in for the first time (I've used Lush Caca Rouge and this old powdered henna from an Indian grocery). Well, so far it stains skin really nice.

Note to all: vaseline on your whole forehead (and ears if you like them exposed) is a good idea. Hopefully, it fades (light stain to begin with, but it is henna..). Hate wearing foundation. Have a few nice (and light) spots on my arms - I applied it myself.:p

Edited to add: mixed with red rooibos (Twinings brand) and Red Zinger (Celestial Seasons) tea and a little lemon juice w/a pinch of cinnamon.