PDA

View Full Version : Hardwater

ccmso12
July 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
We have very hard water . . .I assume based on the red lines in my potty every couple days LOL and buildup in the shower. What are the implications to your hair having hardwater (I have fine-thick hair if theat matters)? We used to have a softener . . .but Culligan got way to pricey at 115$ per month so got rid of it last year.

Helix
July 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I've heard a lot of people complain about dry, rough and tangle prone hair due to hardwater. If you don't want to shell out the dough for the softener you could try one of these:

http://www.google.com/#q=shower+filter&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=jAMvTuXDGoXq0gHTy4ifAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CJ8BEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=bb97706c552c9292&biw=1024&bih=578

Anje
July 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
You know, you can put more salt in your softener yourself. No reason Culligan has to send someone over to do it.... I just take care of it myself now that my contract with Culligan has ended.

Cainwen
July 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
we have super hard water as well. For me its meant my hair looked like someone had drained the life out of it and it was very straw-like. ACV rinses took care of some of the problem, but I ended up having to switch shampoo/conditioners all together (what played well with midwest hardwater didn't play nice southeast hard water).

Sewas
July 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
There is a thread somewhere "soft water vs. hard water" on this forum. I recall that they recommended using a "chelating " shampoo, clarifying shampoo or ACV rinses. I have really hard water out here in the desert and want to try the Chelating" shampoo but can't find any. I did see a brand on Amazon...so might try that out. Most recommended having a water softener system to get soft water to help keep down mineral buildup on your hair.

FB
July 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I have very hard water where I am at. We have a water softner and I also have a shower head purifier too. These are my only saving grace. Since you had to get rid of Culligan you should try just a shower head attachment purifier/softner. The brand I use is JONATHAN.