PDA

View Full Version : Styles to wear with bump caps/hard hats at work?

jenjen10
July 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
I have a job now where at least a few times per week I have to go down on the factory floor and we are required to wear bump caps or a skull cap in a baseball cap... I can't figure out protective styles that accommodate this.

Buns (especially with hair sticks!) don't fit into a bump cap without putting it off kilter. Right now, I wear the baseball cap with my hair pulled through the hole in back but that doesn't seem too protective and then I have to remove whatever hairstyle I wore to work.

any ideas? Does anyone else have to wear a hard hat or the equivalent for work?

AshleyTheRed
July 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
An English braid folded under?
I'm trying to find the instructions on LHC and can't find it! >_<

kdaniels8811
July 24th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I found a french twist fit under my hard hat. I used both bobby pins and sticks or fork and had to remove the forks when I put the hat on. Yes, they are a pain! Good luck!

david
July 24th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I sometimes do some sound engineering and sometimes in venues you have to wear a hard hat when setting up. I find any hairstyles that "stick out" just dont work with getting the hard hats on. Things like ponytails (unless really low), buns etc just stick out too much and you cant get the hard hat on.

So whenever I know I'm going to have to wear a hard hat I would French Braid my hair. English Braids are fine too but I find the french braid holds the hair better and it wont fall out during the day etc.