PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Married Ladies (and Gents)!

CaityBear
July 23rd, 2011, 08:14 PM
How long was your hair when you got married? Did you have long hair then? If you had long hair, what did you do for your wedding?

Personally, I would love to have long hair when I get married and do some awesome updo for my wedding. I don't know if I will or not. Sometime in the next year or two I want to cut it back to chin length and begin my journey again and I kind of hope to get married in the next 3-5 years so I don't know what length my hair will be.

EvaSimone
July 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
It took me four years to go from chin to waist length (which is the length my hair was when I got married) then two more years to reach tailbone.

Is their any reason you want to cut all the way back to chin?

CaityBear
July 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
I love the look of chin length hair on me. And I like making drastic changes sometimes. :) It's partly to go back to natural hair colour (blonde) and partly just for fun. I know it took me four years to get from chin to hip (only starting to take care of my hair around BSL though).

Rustella
July 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Met Hubby 2003: Bob

Married Hubby 2005: BSL (It grows fast)

A Few Years Later, Long Story: Bob

Now: Waist

He prefers it long, and so do I, even though I love the Bob. I loved even more, though, having long hair on my wedding day. It's all downhill from here, I'm headed for the tailbone. Sorry Bob.

Rustella
July 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
I love the look of chin length hair on me. And I like making drastic changes sometimes. :) It's partly to go back to natural hair colour (blonde) and partly just for fun. I know it took me four years to get from chin to hip (only starting to take care of my hair around BSL though).

Your current color is just beautiful. We will cheer you on though, whatever you decide.

:cheer:

kidari
July 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
When I met him 12 years ago my hair was BSL. Since then it went from APL to a bit longer than BSL and from all shades of brown, black, and strawberry blonde to blonde to red. When we married 3 years ago my hair was dark brown and BSL but for the fancy updo the lady at the salon used quite a bit of fake hair in my updo to help with the look. It was almost exactly like Jessica Alba's wedding hair in the movie Fantastic Four part 2 Silver Surfer. In the low chignon my hair and the fake hair was curled and then everything was put in a hair net the color of my hair. After marriage I cut my hair into a chin length then ear length. Had it short for over a year and been growing it out for almost 2, it's finally at BSL length again and will be waist hopefully by Jan 2012! Congrats and your impending wedding!

CaityBear
July 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Your current color is just beautiful. We will cheer you on though, whatever you decide.

:cheer:

Thanks. I love this colour too but I still kind of like my blonde so I want to try growing that out. Plus my boyfriend loves my blonde.

Actually, when I met my boyfriend I had chin length hair. lol I had chin length bleach blonde hair...so we've been together pretty much my whole hair journey. lol We've been together for over 4 years now (4 years this last April) and it was the August before I started dating him when I cut my hair to chin I think.

aliceinmadness
July 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
It was about MBL...DH and I decided that we would rather do it legally first and celebrate a happy and lasting marriage in a few years rather than blow a wad of cash just to have a wedding for status where people end up taking bets on how long it's going to last, lol. I wore a tea-length, simple wedding dress and left my hair open and curled. We were very casual about it because it was basically just for us.

elbow chic
July 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
nope, mine was in sort of a fluffy pixie when I got married, eight years ago. :p (I've always been a huge product-hater.)

I'm one of those people who likes it either really short, or quite long, but I detest all those chin/neck/shoulder lengths on myself. Even APL can be a little dodgy.

Even though I like the idea of them, my hair tends to go POOF if the stylist doesn't know exactly what she's doing.

DakarNick
July 23rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'm a short hair but my wife insisted her hair be long for our wedding. We married 15 months after we "met". I put it that way because we are from the same hometown and were friends when we were younger. We went separate ways then reconnected on Facebook.

She was growing out an inverted bob when we met. Front was between collarbone/APL and back was almost collarbone.

She had it trimmed twice and I trimmed it twice in the 15 months before the wedding. Mostly to even it up but also to get the ends healthy for the big day.

It was between APL and BSL on August 7, 2010, our wedding day. She's had it longer in the past but it was long enough for her. She had it curled and half-up with a flower crown.

It will be a year in two weeks and her hair is still growing!

dulce
July 23rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
1 had hair 3/4's down my back, all one length.I went to a salon for a wedding updo a few hours before, hated it,came home and ripped out all the stiffly sprayed fancy curls atop my head,washed my hair and pulled it all to one side in a side bun with 1 loose tendril on the other side and pearl earrings.It felt comfortable and to my mind was classic and elegant.The fancy do felt so artificial.

SarahKayfa
July 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
My hair was bobbed & dyed black when I was married the first time. When I met my first husband I had just shaved my head, and in between I had a pixie & and a bubble gum pink a-line cut.

I met my current partner when I'd gone back to my 'flat-black' bob. (He hated it)We'll be married in a small ceremony sometime in the next year and I'll be anywhere from mid back to waist by then.

MaryLA
July 23rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
My hair was not long when I got married in Dec 08. It was shoulder length and at the time I wasn't growing my hair out. Right now my hair is APL and getting close to BSL, goal is waist.

QueenJoey
July 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
I probably won't be getting married for another 5-10 years (most likely 10), but I still wanted to say something.

I want to start wearing my hair up everyday, so it can stay nice and healthy while it's growing. I hope it's very long by the time I'm getting married, and I have this idea of wearing it down for the wedding, so everyone can finally see how long my hair really is.

AnqeIicDemise
July 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
Mine was a chin-short bob. And I tried to make it pretty by adding volume, but it didn't work. It was a dud.

Three years later, my hair's down to my waist and I can make simple up dos that take 5 minutes that would have looked AMAZING on my wedding night. Oh well. xD

** I haven't been seriously growing out my hair since Sept 2010, though.

Some women are addicted to shoes. I'm addicted to hair cuts. I avoid salons at all costs now just so I don't walk out with a pixie.

Jenn of Pence
July 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
My hair was somewhere around BSL/mid-back when I got married in 2005 (it hovered around BSL/mid-back for, like, a decade ;)). Anyway, we had a small wedding, and I'm not the one to do a bunch of hair and make-up, so I did it all myself. I wanted to show off my length, so I just settled on a half-up with a barette that matched the slight pearling of my dress. Then I did some curls on the ends. Of course, doing all the practice with the curls (curling iron + mousse (!!!!)) and then doing the actual hair-do day of really toasted it. This was obviously back before my LHC days when I wondered why on earth my hair would never grow! ;)

invisiblebabe
July 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
My hair was midback length when I got married. I wore it down with the ends curled, for my wedding :)

GoddessLocks
July 23rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
When DH met me it was waist length, then not too long after we started going out i cut it to shoulder, then grew it back to waist, then cut it and bleached it, then went back to natural color and cut to bob right before our wedding. I think my hair looked great on our wedding day. Then I ended up getting my hair to BSL and well, then cut it to chin, then BSL again, then to chin once again, and now im growing again, and for good! LOL But I was happy with my choice to have a bob for our wedding day, even though when i was younger I dreamed of having long locks, that is not what I cared to have at the time :) All of this hair drama was in a span of 8 years. CRAZY growth I guess lol

Alun
July 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
It was a windy day when we got married, and our wedding photo that hangs in our front room shows our hair blowing in the wind. It's one of my favourite pictures.

Slinks
July 23rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
It was a windy day when we got married, and our wedding photo that hangs in our front room shows our hair blowing in the wind. It's one of my favourite pictures.
awwww cute ~!~! :D

CaityBear
July 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM

That sounds so cool! That would definitely make for an awesome hair.

swetiepeti
July 23rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
I had one of the ladies who specialize in braiding hair from one of the nearby Renn Fairs come the day of my wedding and braid my hair into a 5 strand lace crown. Looked lilke a headband from the front with roses tucked into it. She also did my sister and my stepdaughter. Some of the best money I spent. My hair was just short of waist length, and sadly for me now, thicker then.

SeaWench
July 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Barely shoulder length for me.

MomOf2Gremlins
July 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
My hair was a chin length Bob when DH & I met, 1 year later at our wedding it was shoulder length and I had it curled and put up (tiny flowers inbetween) with a few lose curly strands around the face. It looked ok.. but I wish my hair would have been longer! With SL hair there aren't too many really great updos you can do (IMHO)..

QMacrocarpa
July 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
My hair was likely APL-ish or a tad longer (I don't want to go rooting around for photos to check).

I want to start wearing my hair up everyday, so it can stay nice and healthy while it's growing. I hope it's very long by the time I'm getting married, and I have this idea of wearing it down for the wedding, so everyone can finally see how long my hair really is.
In some 16th century paintings of wedding scenes, like this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Wedding_Dance.JPG) and this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pieter_Bruegel_d._%C3%84._011b.jpg), brides are shown wearing their hair down. You can spot the bride, because all the other women have their hair up and covered. I had no idea of this when I got married (simply didn't know any nice updos then!), just an interesting thing I learned at the Detroit Institute of Art.

princessp
July 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
My hair has always been long, but it is now the longest it has ever been. I've been with my partner for 12 or 13 years, married for 10. For the wedding I wore mine in a half updo.

October
July 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
When I got married (6 years ago), my hair was the same length it is now... a little longer than shoulder. I grew it to BSL and cut it about 2 years ago and maintained it at shoulder since then... growing it longer now.

akuamoonmaui
July 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
When I got married my hair was about APL and I had it put up into a french twist. Wasband had almost waist length hair and he put it in a pony tail using an elastic with colored beads representing his Native American tribe.

The wedding was formal I had a small tiara, elbow length gloves and the white dress, he wore a tux.

wandlimb
July 24th, 2011, 12:16 PM
My hair was BSL with a fringe when we got married and I had it up in a French twist with the ends curled on top and a beaded hair comb at the front of it. I was sort of aiming for Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys.

Jenw777
July 24th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Mne was almost to waist when we wed. I had the typical "bride" updo with the curly poof. It was NOT what I wanted, but my cousin did my hair and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

Cainwen
July 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
My hair was BSL when I got married. I had it up in a mass of curls with rose buds.

When I met DH, I was growing out a pixie cut and covered my hair completely. He didn't know what my hair looked like for a long time :P

akuamoonmaui
July 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
My hair was BSL when I got married. I had it up in a mass of curls with rose buds.

That sounds lovely! Do you have any pics?

Cainwen
July 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
They aren't the best pics (taken at a distance) but I have yet to collect all the pictures from my wedding.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0Ww4Qr41ZL0/TixrZ04UHgI/AAAAAAAABY0/-TzwucuW3m8/s800/246870_2173012003666_1197770856_32710017_2252594_n .jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-g4XmYXg-fEk/TixsyoUqzOI/AAAAAAAABZA/HQno_X39uPk/s800/248338_10150208883207540_718677539_7562726_2888738 _n.jpg

Amber_Maiden
July 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I had long hair for me wedding- mid back. I wore it down and slightly curled. :) I cut about 9in of damage off after the wedding. :)

Kelikea
July 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I had my hair waist length, parted in the middle, sides half up, and the back covered in flowers. My husband wanted a "Princess Bride" style. Look at lots of pictures and take your favorites to the salon so they will know what you want. Congrats and good luck!

Dragon Faery
July 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I always dreamed of having waist-length hair (or longer!) on my wedding day. I was getting close to waist in college, but one day I realized how damaged it was and chopped it to SL. When I met my man, it was about BSL I think. It was several inches below that by the time we got married, but nowhere near my dream hair. We had a casual wedding in a gymnasium (we were the only two who dressed up; the attendants wore jeans), and one of his aunts or cousins (HUGE family) volunteered to do my hair. She put it half up and curled it, but kept the ends long. (Fortunately I married into a Native tribe that values long hair!) It turned out great in the pictures.

My DH was growing his hair out for the year before the wedding, but a month beforehand he got tired of it and chopped it. He's growing it out again now.

Angeletti
July 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
My hair was right around mid-back, right after I got married in '07 is when I started my hair journey to classic. For the wedding I had it half up and half down in curls, I wish I would have started growing it out before I got married because I would love to have had pics with my wedding dress and current length.

wvgemini
July 24th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping to be about BSL-ish for my wedding (next Spring). I'll be going for Maiden
Braids :)

eternalknot
July 25th, 2011, 11:30 PM
My hair was waist-length when I got married.

We eloped on a spur of the moment, so everything was very everyday and ordinary - from my outfit to my hair. I wore it down, same as every other day.

Alaia
July 26th, 2011, 12:45 AM
When I got married my hair was about the same length it is now, but with much shorter layers. I got married in August 2009 and I'd just cut from TB to BSL with chin-length layers in March 2009.

knittingyogini
July 26th, 2011, 06:05 AM
OMG, I don't remember! I guess that's what I get for eloping! :) We've been together for 15 years.

When we met: Probably APLish and natural brown
His favorite: When it was pixie and platinum blonde
Current: Hennaed and BSL
In between---well every length between pixie and BSL back and forth a couple times. And colors--blondes, browns reds.

But, how weird--I can totally remember what I wore to the courthouse, but I can't even remember clearly what color my hair was. I'm thinking it was probably on the short side because we had a convertible and rode down to the beach with the top down for lunch afterwards.