PDA

View Full Version : Going swimming/hot tubbing

mrs.bad85
July 22nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Hi-

I am pretty new here and currently obsessed with protecting my hair. I have just barely started CO washing and my friends are having a going away party and there is going to be a pool/hot tub (not very clear:confused:) so what can I do to best protect my hair from the harsh chemicals or the best treatment for afterwards?

Thanks

:cheese:APL on my way to BSL only a few inches to go!!:cheese:

darkrose
July 23rd, 2011, 04:04 AM
1. Buy some shampoo that gets rid of chlorine.
2. Damp hair slightly and put leave in conditioner in your hair ( a lot on the ends)
3. Put hair into a simple and secure updo, like a cinnamon bun with loads of hair pins.
4. Afterwards wash hair with the shampoo that gets rid of chlorine, and do an overnight treatment of cocunut oil. In the morning rinse out.

I go swimming almost everyday in the summer, I usually do not do the overnight cocunut oil, but thats because I don't have the time. Also when I just swim in a pool I keep my hair down, but in a hot tub I always keep my hair up. I find there is my chlorine in hot tubs which is more damaging.

Hope I helped. :)

ZeppHead
July 23rd, 2011, 06:42 AM
I agree with darkrose. Keep your hair up and out of the water in hot tubs. If I swim in a pool I will soak my hair with the hose first (so hair absorbs the water instead of the chlorine) and I usually put conditioner or a leave in conditioner in while its wet and braid it then just jump in before it dries. Always rinse as soon as you get out if you are unable to get a shower so the chlorine is unable to dry in your hair. Your hair may feel dry for a day but just condition really well and it will be fine, I always check for split ends after a swim and never find any.

mrs.bad85
July 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks so much for the info-

I lucked out. It was just a hot tub that was actually heated by geothermal hot springs so it also had minimal chemicals.