PDA

View Full Version : Wearing lightly oiled hair down, looks like nonstiff gel?

ghilliegirl_an
July 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
I just took my hair down from it being lightly oiled overnight and combed it out, I realize that the look is very similar to wearing my hair wavy with gel or mousse in it but it is softer and not stiff(obviously). I was just wondering if anyone here at LHC wears their hair like this occasionally and passes it off as a styling product, I actually rather like the look myself.

-Ashley.

Vanessa_za
July 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I aways run a tiny bit of oil in my hair if I'm going to wear my hair down, it defines my curls and makes it shiny (not to much). :)

Catlover
July 22nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
Yes I do the same - it also keeps the fluffys at bay. And yes I also oil overnight but usually just braid it back up again or bun it cause - no actual reason - just usually leave it up or braided.

melissa8989
July 22nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Almost all of the time it seems to be easier on my now short hair though, and keeps it from defying gravity :D.

MajorasMask
July 22nd, 2011, 08:18 PM
I always pass EVOO off as hair gel :) I mean, who can really tell unless they get up close and personal ?

ghilliegirl_an
July 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, it really is great because it's like a styling product and moisture treatment in one. When this weather finally cools off enough for me to wear my hair down I am definitely trying this in public.

-Ashley

LunaMoon
July 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
I use a mix of coconut oil and shea butter to define my curls and as a leave in for my ends. Never use other products. Oils are my styling products. :D

IanB
July 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Hi, I use a small amount of coconut oil if my hair is looking a bit dry, just rubbed between the palms and stroked into the hair.

beccababesx
July 23rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
I always use it, it makes my hair so soft and shiny. I usually apply it to damp hair though.

jacqueline101
July 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
I apply oil to my hair weekly to my whole head. I've noticed shine and softer hair.

newbeginning
July 23rd, 2011, 11:06 AM
I've noticed too that oil makes my hair looks like it's styled with product. I'll probably try wearing it down with the oil when it gets cooler too. I use the oil to smooth frizz too so I guess that's truely using it like a hair product.