PDA

View Full Version : Growing Tips

GoldberryHair
July 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
My friend who is about shouldar length got her bangs HACKED a couple months ago, like pin-up bang gone wrong short! lol, I suggested to her to take Biotin pills everyday (which I do) to help speed up the growth. As of today her hair has grown dramatically, and looks good lol. Does anyone else have any hair tips that help you grow your hair? :)

Bast
July 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Protective updos, minimal heat styling, don't cut it. (There are also a lot of other threads on this topic, might I suggest the search function?)

And most of all, patience is key when growing hair out. The nice thing about bangs is that they seem to grow very quickly from botched-cut-short to eye/nose/chin length.

pepperminttea
July 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'd go with maintaining a good diet rather than taking supplements; water-soluble doesn't automatically equal safe.

Besides that; patience. :)

Madora
July 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Trims every 3 months
S and D (search and destroy)
Silk pillowcase
Wear the hair up
Use gentle shampoo and conditioner
Don't wash the daylights out of the hair! Once a week is enough, unless the hair is oily or the environment is dusty
Use a wide tooth comb
Use a boar bristle brush (no nylon and no nubs on the ends!)
ALWAYS detangle with a comb before brushing!
Never brush wet hair! Hair is at its weakest when wet!
Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
Exercise moderately
Use hair friendly elastics (no metal)
A little bit of coconut oil helps with flyaway
Scalp massage is a good way to improve circulation to the hair follicles.

NO BLOW DRYING, STRAIGHTENING, HOT CURLERS!

Air dry only!

Have buckets of patience!
You inherit your hair from your parents and nothing will make it grow faster or thicker than nature intended!

IanB
July 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
The best growing tip must be not to have it cut! :)

Raiscake
July 22nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
What everyone else said. I also drink molasses every night. It's to help put me to sleep but I always notice how fast my hair and nails grow when I drink it. I also can't stress adequate sleep enough. Get lots of rest!

tinywife
July 22nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Rooibos Tea as a leave-in. Sometimes it's called Redbush Tea. I've just started it so I can't share my story yet, but there's a thread here that seems very encouraging.