PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo And Co. Advice Plz

sana junaid
July 22nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
hey ..im using pantene shampoo and co for my hairs and it makes my dry hair even more dry,and im shedding alot these days because of this brand i guess ,everyone is saying its really bad for hairs.kindly advice me any good poo and co for my dry hairs without cones. thanks

Mairéad
July 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I used Giovanni's Smooth as Silk for quite awhile and liked it. There is a protein in it, I believe, so that is something to watch out for. I've also used the Yes to Carrots hair care system and absolutely loved it. That's a cone free line with no proteins if you want to give it a shot. So, there's a protein and no protein option. I personally preferred the Yes to Carrots and still use the conditioner for the second step of Co-washing.

You can also give CO-washing a shot. It keeps my dry hair very well managed and looking not so dry.

Make sure to clarify those cones out before proceeding with either one. :D

Pantene isn't necessarily bad but it seems to not agree with a chunk of the population, yet for others they couldn't go without!

racrane
July 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
Well, I used Pantene before I came here and my hair was super dull and dry. I tentatively tried out VO5 and my hair is completely different. My photo album proves it. I use the moisture kinds - like the strawberry scented one, for example. So, VO5 worked great for me after switching from Pantene. Hope this helps!

GoldberryHair
July 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
hey ..im using pantene shampoo and co for my hairs and it makes my dry hair even more dry,and im shedding alot these days because of this brand i guess ,everyone is saying its really bad for hairs.kindly advice me any good poo and co for my dry hairs without cones. thanks

Hi, I'm not sure about the whole no-cones thing, but I have dry/damaged hair (I used to abuse it lol :o) What I use is:

Garnier Pure Clean Shampoo
Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner (Dark Blue and White Bottle)
And when I get out of the shower, my HOLY GRAIL!!

AHHHHH....

Garnier Frutis Triple Nutrition Leave-in Spray
^ That stuff is beyond amazing.

RitaCeleste
July 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm in a rural area and so I have to order what I use. I co with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner, then I condition Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner or just add a little as a leave in. Once a week I deep condition by oiling my hair and applying AOHR and get it damp and it on for 30 mins to an hour before Cowashing it out. These are cone free and AOHR is for dry damaged hair. I have ordered from Lakshmi's Cupboard, they are fast and the prices are nice if you can't pick it up locally.

GoddessLocks
July 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have used pantene before, a few times actually, and each time was disaster. It made me shed like crazy and my hair felt dry. I definitely think it was the brand. I really like Dove, and I shampoo and condition. I always try different brands though because i like variety, but Dove has always worked out great for me.

Jenn of Pence
July 22nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
If you are having problems with dryness from shampoos or conditioners, I would echo the warnings about proteins. For some people (like me!) proteins dry out my ends and make them so tangly and nasty. I would bet there are proteins in Pantene. My suggestion is clarifying and then using a shampoo and conditioner without any proteins and with a ton of moisture, and see if that improves the ends. My product suggestions are Tresemme Naturals shampoo and conditioner, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner, or Biolage conditioning balm for protein and cone free moisture.

sana junaid
July 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all the replies :) plz let me know is vo5 shapo0 and co is protein free?