PDA

View Full Version : Cute way to spice up a ponytail

McFearless
July 21st, 2011, 11:22 PM
I was browsing around the internet for makeup ideas and I came across a fashion blog.

Models at a fall '11 show had this cool hair trick. They wore gold rings on top of their ponytail elastic. The eyeshadow was pretty cool too.

You can see pics here: http://intothegloss.com/2011/03/dries-van-noten-fall-2011/

I'm thinking this would work best for hair on the thin side. It would be easier to slide the rings on.

Vani1902
July 21st, 2011, 11:29 PM
ohhhh...I like it...I wonder how they did it. I can see that becoming some sort of fashion trend in the future.

Furiana
July 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
That's lovely! Thanks for the tip. :)

RitaCeleste
July 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Ah, Lovely! Now if if we can just find out who sold them those bands! A nice link for all the hair toy addicts we have running around here now. I'm wear my hair up and my first order of hair sticks are in the mail. When I get the new computer up I'll hunt for the bands. I wonder if they are hair toys or small napkin holders? Ah, where could they be?

TheStorm
July 22nd, 2011, 03:33 AM
Looks really good. I think that the ring must split or open in some way, and I also think that it must have some sort of grips or spikes on the inside to stop it sliding out, likely custom made just for them.
A while ago I tried using a polished stainless steel ring that I cut off the end of a tube. I found that a tube wide enough to go over the hair without having to really drag it up the cuticle the wrong way was too big to stay in place and would just slide out of the hair, ponytail secured with elastic or not.
Along the same lines of jewelery in hair, I use a broach quite often, pin it through the elastic.

annieangel149
July 22nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
Looks really good. I think that the ring must split or open in some way, and I also think that it must have some sort of grips or spikes on the inside to stop it sliding out, likely custom made just for them.
A while ago I tried using a polished stainless steel ring that I cut off the end of a tube. I found that a tube wide enough to go over the hair without having to really drag it up the cuticle the wrong way was too big to stay in place and would just slide out of the hair, ponytail secured with elastic or not.
Along the same lines of jewelery in hair, I use a broach quite often, pin it through the elastic.

what a good idea! *goes to find some broaches* :D

CariadA
July 22nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
That looks really pretty.

The only think I can think of to replicate this would be a small metal napkin ring holder. But getting it on and getting it to stay in place would be difficult.

vanillabones
July 22nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
I love it! :D

UltraBella
July 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
I like it. I bet they have normal ponytail holders under the rings.
I would need a much bigger ring though !!!!!!