PDA

View Full Version : Hair--do you notice?

Darkhorse1
June 25th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Funny, sometimes I notice my hair will be 'flatter' than other days. I only wash every other day or sometimes every 3rd day, but regardless, I can wash it and sometimes it seems really thick when I wash it, other times, it can seem very thin/less hair.

Anyone ever notice this?

MemSahib
June 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I notice a slight (emphasis on "slight") fluffiness right after a shampoo but my hair has always been quite flat. A hairdresser once told me I have no "scalp lift".

jojo
June 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Yes absolutely! Im having a flat day today, looks stringy and thin, yet last week looked really thick. I hate my flat days!!

Carina
June 25th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I notice that same thing:p.But I also know that cones tend to make my hair flat and organic stuff gives my hair more volume:cool:

Garnet66
June 25th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Even as a shortie I have days like that. Yesterday was one of them. My hair looks flatter with some cones and better with others. I'm trying shampoo bars at the moment to see if they'll help with that problem. So far I like them.

Shelly
June 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I notice it just about every time I wash my hair. Some times my hair will seem a lot thicker than it actually is after I wash it. I haven't quite figured out why that is yet but one of these days I will. :)

Hella
June 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I've noticed this too. The level of humidity, the products I use in the wash and how much I massage my scalp always contribute on how it turns out when dry. Now when it's been raining, I've had much fuller and wavier hair - when it's really dry, it's flatter. Cones make my hair flatter, using diluted shampoo and massaging my scalp give my hair some sort of lift. There are probably other things contributing, but these I've noticed clearly.

Curlsgirl
June 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I guess I'm the exception! I don't ever see much of a difference :shrugs:

LongForLife
June 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Me neither Curlsgirl. Mine is pretty much always some form of thick and full... lol Some days flatish could be nice. :D

missy60
June 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes sometimes I notice this also. I love it even the bottom layer which can appear thin sometimes seems full.

chrissy-b
June 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I notice that on the days I wash my hair is flatter and feels slightly thinner, on the second day it's fuller and feels thicker, on the third its greasy and flat and thin. So for me, there is only a small window of fullness.

Darkhorse1
June 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Interesting. I'm off to the beauty supply shop to get some good conditioners and shampoos--cone free! Woohoo!

brok3nwings
June 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM
My hair has for sure its own moods! Its not the same everyday... There are many things that can influence hair so i have to deal with it. I prefer my volume days then my stupid flat days

FrannyG
June 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM
There is no rule of thumb when it comes to my hair. It could be flatter or thicker right after a wash, or on a second day. I can never predict what my hair will be like on any given day. I'm always pretty happy with it though. :)

Magicknthenight
June 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Yea i have noticed this! When i wash my hair it feels fluffy-ier.
then when i go a day or two my hair gets softer. Unless i wait a while before washing my hair then it feels soft when i wash it but if i know i am washing it too much if it gets too fluffy. Sometimes it feels like i have super thick hair..sometimes it feels thinner. Which makes hair-typing hard....
I guess it just depends on if i had it up...and if i washed it. I like "flat" days because my hair is usially really soft those days :D
my hair seems to change alot!:confused:

Elenna
June 25th, 2008, 06:38 PM
My hair is very predictable.

It feels thicker, behaves better and looks better when washed.

Too much oil, moisture treatments, or certain conditioners reduces hair to a flat, stringy mop.

Not enough oil, moisture and so on produces a frizzy mess.

Riot Crrl
June 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think I got a different person's hair every day.

With sulfates and cones, it was more consistent. Now it seems more reactive and volatile. I like it this way though.

harley mama
June 25th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I have lots of flat days. I miss my poof.
It will return one of these days!

RavennaNight
June 25th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I noticed this too. When its freshly washed, it has some fluff and body, but as I get further from the last wash, it flattens and feels thinner. The flattens part is not so bad. I dont like the feeling of less hair, even though its not really less, just feels that way. That's generally my clue to wash or at least CO.

Flying Betty
June 25th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I get flat and flatter. It has the most life the day I wash it. The second day it's pretty flat and dull and if for some reason I go a third day then I have so much oil that my hair is stuck to my scalp. I also have flatter hair if I put it up to dry instead of leaving it down.

Tangles
July 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
OMG I thought I was the only one
I range from poofy to disgustingly lank, it is crazy.
This is the main reason plopping, damp braiding etc doesn't work for me.
Encouraging wave in my hair makes me start out too poofy and end up too stringy.

velvetcat
July 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
yes, definately.
On wash days, my hair is thick and full and bouncy (usually).
If I braid it, it will be 'flat/thin' until I wash again, unless I let it loose and mist it, or even just shower with it pinned up loosely.
Braids seem to be my volume killer.

and cones. My hair will be silky with cones, but it will also be super flat and waxy feeling.

When my hair has that flat/thin feeling, I will measure it just to be sure it's not really thin and I'm fooling myself. It's always thick.

Katze
July 6th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Yep.

My freshly-washed hair is often quite hard to deal with - huge and frizzy. Sometimes it's just huge, though it's usually less wavy.

Day 2 it gets smoother, wavier, sometimes also flatter but this is normally my best hair day. By day 3 it's normally going flat, and if I stretch my washing to day 4 I can put my hair up smoothly without it frizzing/poofing out at the scalp too much, but then I get the bleached bits looking orange.

When I was using 'cones my hair looked best freshly washed. It didn't get wavier on Day 2 and pretty much looked the same - much less wavy - until I washed.

Periwinkle
July 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Yes, all the time!

paper
July 6th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Yes, I notice this too. I pretty much use the same products, so I don't know why it's any different at times.

danacc
July 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
My just-washed hair is not consistent. I've always chalked it up to the weather, particularly the humidity level. My waves are stronger-willed when it's humid, and my hair is generally flatter and feels thinner when the air is dry. Humidity also encourages frizziness in my hair.

I've found that oiling the length with less than a fingernail's worth of coconut oil helps it to be more consistent. It tames frizzies and softens any dryness for my hair.

The days following wash day are much more consistent with the sebum kicking in on the scalp hair, and the oil already present on the length.