PDA

View Full Version : Casey anthony hair growth

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
did anybody notice casey anthonys amazing hair growth from when she first was arrested to later
her hair grew so long and looks beautiful
since she was in prison she was probably only washing her hair
probably not blow drying or doing anything to it
she probably wasnt even using oil but is still so long and pretty
or do you think she got coconut oil or something in prison?

MiamiPineapple
July 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
I noticed too! Just proof that not trimming works if you want super long hair...

I also don't think she used anything at all in prison

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:21 PM
lol it looks really good and not damaged at all
she probably didnt trim it once the whole time she was in there

I noticed too! Just proof that not trimming works if you want super long hair...

I also don't think she used anything at all in prison

vanillabones
July 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
I definitely noticed. It grew TONS. The women in prison documentaries I've seen on TV have better hair than any actresses I've ever seen, simply because they don't have any way to damage it pretty much!
However I heard that she plans to bleach it all... O_O

Nae
July 21st, 2011, 09:27 PM
I definitely noticed. It grew TONS. The women in prison documentaries I've seen on TV have better hair than any actresses I've ever seen, simply because they don't have any way to damage it pretty much!

I wouldn't be suprised if she did whatever she could to change her appearance. She is too easily recognizable for her to live any sort of life at the moment.

McFearless
July 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
She went from a chin length bob to waist? within two years. Shes lucky her hair is straight. There are no tangle teezers in jail.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
lol that pisses me off a little. but hopefuly we can learn from the women in prison, and its what everyone already knows. no bleaching heat and so on. sometimes in prison i think they shower often because there is nothing else to do, so maybe washing your hair is good for you??

aliceinmadness
Considering she's on the verge of getting lynched, it probably wouldn't be amiss to get plastic surgery. Dye just doesn't seem drastic enough.

vanillabones
I wouldn't be suprised if she did whatever she could to change her appearance. She is too easily recognizable for her to live any sort of life at the moment.

That wouldn't surprise me either I would do the same to change my appearance but there are other ways than bleaching off all that hair ;)

Hahahha McFearless!! :poot:

vanillabones
July 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
lol that pisses me off a little. but hopefuly we can learn from the women in prison, and its what everyone already knows. no bleaching heat and so on. sometimes in prison i think they shower often because there is nothing else to do, so maybe washing your hair is good for you??

I think they avoid showering actually their hair usually looks greasy to me. :confused: I don't know but if I were there I'd probably avoid it.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:36 PM
honestly i am just looking for an excuse to wash my hair i dont like the rule that sais washing your hair is bad for u when i love it so :( but it strips ur hair of its natural oils

I think they avoid showering actually their hair usually looks greasy to me. :confused: I don't know but if I were there I'd probably avoid it.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
i also think that is a rumor, cause she would have to be bat**** crazy to bleach that hair
and casey anthony just got out of prison.. would the first thing she tells people be that shes going to bleach her hair? lol i dont think so. i think its a rumour

That wouldn't surprise me either I would do the same to change my appearance but there are other ways than bleaching off all that hair ;)

Hahahha McFearless!! :poot:

vanillabones
July 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
honestly i am just looking for an excuse to wash my hair i dont like the rule that sais washing your hair is bad for u when i love it so :( but it strips ur hair of its natural oils

Aw honestly you should NOT be worried about it at all. Most people say that their hair got greasy quickly until past collarbone length (if you have straight hair the sebum can travel that far quickly) I have to frequently wash for this reason but will stretch more when I have longer length. I used to be able to stretch 3-4 days with longer hair now it is hard to go more than 2. It won't hurt your hair especially if you try CO or use SLS free shampoo, something nice and gentle for more frequent use. Go ahead and wash it if you wish :cheese: it's all personal preference there are members here with beautiful locks that wash daily!

vanillabones
July 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
I don't know I mean she had it bleached when she was younger...

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Aw honestly you should NOT be worried about it at all. Most people say that their hair got greasy quickly until past collarbone length (if you have straight hair the sebum can travel that far quickly) I have to frequently wash for this reason but will stretch more when I have longer length. I used to be able to stretch 3-4 days with longer hair now it is hard to go more than 2. It won't hurt your hair especially if you try CO or use SLS free shampoo, something nice and gentle for more frequent use. Go ahead and wash it if you wish :cheese: it's all personal preference there are members here with beautiful locks that wash daily!

thanks hun :) but i do think the reason is that because its short right now. i remember when i had longer hair i didnt feel the need to wash it that often at all. but when all your hair is that close to your scalp after a night of sleeping on it, it already feels nasty

monsterna
July 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
She looks really wonky and weird with her hair up. But I do admit, I like it down. Even though she's crazy and her whole family needs to be locked away. :D

BTW, I wash my hair every day, or at least 6 times a week. So... yeah. It's not bad to do for everyone. My hair gets greasy easily. I like to look decent and presentable, and even putting my hair up after one day of not washing, you can still tell it's piecey and greasy.

maborosi
July 21st, 2011, 10:16 PM
She looks really wonky and weird with her hair up. But I do admit, I like it down. Even though she's crazy and her whole family needs to be locked away. :D

BTW, I wash my hair every day, or at least 6 times a week. So... yeah. It's not bad to do for everyone. My hair gets greasy easily. I like to look decent and presentable, and even putting my hair up after one day of not washing, you can still tell it's piecey and greasy.

Totally agree. She's nuts and probably should be in a bit more trouble than she's currently in, but her hair's pretty. I was actually thinking it when I saw her hair down. lol

~maborosi~

Mairéad
July 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
On the short hair/greasy hair issue, I must be the odd ball out. It still takes the whole week for my hair to start feeling dirty. When I get long, I wonder if I'm going to be one of those that washes twice a month. I do like my CO though. So much fun. I'll probably still do it every week for the heck of it!

But yes, I think Ms. Anthony is picking the wrong updos; they're too tight.

mrs_coffee
July 22nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Her hair grew fast, that's for sure. I think it's really pretty, but I wouldn't be surprised if she chops it off and/or bleaches it, etc. There's no way she will be able to walk around looking like Casey Anthony if she wants to survive.

JaneinMarch
July 22nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Something about the shape of her head and the long hair looks weird.
Maybe it's the way it's parted.

Jezerellica
July 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
I hesitate to write this, but I watched her different hair styles carefully and was not surprised at all to see that length when the trial ended.

whitestiletto
July 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
That seems weird to me since prison food is. as a rule, really poor nutrition.

Madora
July 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Casey was able to buy things while imprisoned, so I'm sure some of those donated funds went toward hair products.

As for the length..it seems normal for the time she spent behind bars. But not waist length by any stretch.

As for the buns...I bet anything that was her attorney's suggestion. Look as prim and innocent as the new fallen sludge. Casey would never have worn a bun in "real" life! Imagine wearing a bun in a Hot Body Contest!!!

Casey Anthony will need more than a hair cut/dye job! Plastic surgery would be a better option. 'Cept that costs $$$$..and who's gonna shell out that kinda dough for Casey Anthony?!

vanillabones
July 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
She had stated when I heard she's bleaching it that she is going to get plastic surgery too. But I doubt it's for safety reasons.

racrane
July 22nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
I actually felt guilty for noticing her hair because, well, she's Casey Anthony. Anyway, I wish my hair grew that fast!

cindy58
July 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
She's a great big yuck IMO -- hard to notice the hair when that sullen face is stuck in the middle of it.

MsBubbles
July 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Huh. Funny. I just assumed she was wearing extensions that someone brought to court for her that day. If it's her own hair, that's cool.

I look wonky and weird with my hair up too! I think my co-workers probably think that about me. :o

monsterna
July 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Huh. Funny. I just assumed she was wearing extensions that someone brought to court for her that day. If it's her own hair, that's cool.

I look wonky and weird with my hair up too! I think my co-workers probably think that about me. :o

Meh. I prefer my hair down, since I think I look a bit weird with it up, too. But, I AM judging a murderer, so... maybe I just won't like how she looks anyway. :D

selderon
July 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
i also think that is a rumor, cause she would have to be bat**** crazy to bleach that hair

I would have thought the evidence indicates she already is, er, guano insane.

MsBubbles
July 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Meh. I prefer my hair down, since I think I look a bit weird with it up, too. But, I AM judging a murderer, so... maybe I just won't like how she looks anyway. :D

The reason I went that way in my post is because the way she looks in updos struck me as odd for her face/head shape, and it reminded me of my small head, flat hair and sticky-out ears! :o. I have started wearing my hair down more too because of it, but now my hair is at a length where it just tangles all the time when down, unless coned to death.

She reminds me of a disney character, like one of the ugly sisters (http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/ugly-stepsisters-ugly-wicked-evil-stepsiter-stepsiters-cinde-demotivational-poster-1248784022.jpg), or something.

PinkyCat
July 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM

I thought this too. Actually - It's pretty easy for me to spot extensions. Probably because I know that you can't process/tease/iron/curl hair that long all the time and have it healthy.:cool:

MeganE
July 22nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
I've looked for pictures, but my internet search skills are somewhat pathetic. "Casey Anthony" in Google showed me no beautiful hair.

Anybody want to post some pictures for those of us who haven't seen this hair? :D

slz
July 22nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
I have no idea who casey anthony is or what she looks like, before or after, I'd appreciate that posters who talk about one particular celebrity's hair and whatnot provide a few links to the story and a few pics, given that we do not all have the same references - thank you !!

CherrySilver
July 22nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Are you kidding me? I can't believe all this bandwidth is being devoted to freakin Case Anthony's hair. Unbelievable. She should just shave her head and get it over with.

Never been politically correct. Never will.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hi SLZ here is a link to what her hair is like now.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthonys-hair-discussed-widely-208757
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=casey+anthony+hair&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1RNBN_enUS436US436&nord=1&tbm=isch&tbnid=0nnJNzmBNPUXOM:&imgrefurl=http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/2011/01/09/casey-anthony-keeps-flirting-with-attorney-grooming-herself-and-smiling-in-the-courtroom/&docid=3niXlAYBQzwN0M&w=532&h=367&ei=BZspTuKxM4PLgQfn0PGmCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=252&vpy=106&dur=2969&hovh=186&hovw=270&tx=140&ty=90&page=1&tbnh=155&tbnw=207&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&biw=1024&bih=649
Casey Anthony was on trial for murdering her daughter. But was found not guiltily by 12 of her peers. Her hair does look healthy right now. I hope she will be able to find a good and fair life for herself.

slz
July 22nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks a lot Catladyintown :) .

QueenJoey
July 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
I've heard stress or adrenaline can make the body systems get all out of wack. This sometimes makes the hair grow crazy fast (it may also shed more/lose its pigment). I'll bet prison made her.

I'm sure prison and the trial and all made her very stressed.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Your welcome SLZ sometimes we forget that what goes on in America is not always world news.:)

May
July 22nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
I will not admire anything about the hair of a child neglecter/murderer... that is all. No offense to anyone. But she deserves NO extra publicity.

MsBubbles
July 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
I have no idea who casey anthony is or what she looks like, before or after,

That's it! I'm moving back to France...

Nae
July 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
That's it! I'm moving back to France...

No kidding. As much as I try to avoid hearing about this case it seems to be everywhere!!

Chromis
July 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
No kidding. As much as I try to avoid hearing about this case it seems to be everywhere!!

I hadn't heard of the case at all until the other thread here and a post on LJ at about the same time after the trial.

I do think several people in this thread are making statements about her looks based on their opinion of her character. Certainly you would not normally be making comments about the shape of someone's head like that otherwise! Hating what a person has done or been accused of doing doesn't mean you need to hate every single other thing about them.

I think her hair is looking lovely based on the pictures in this thread. I doubt she bothered to have any money used to buy her any fancy shampoos or hair products for her prison stay since I am guessing most people in prison just are not that concerned over their hair. Much bigger things to worry about there, eh?

monsterna
July 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I hadn't heard of the case at all until the other thread here and a post on LJ at about the same time after the trial.

I do think several people in this thread are making statements about her looks based on their opinion of her character. Certainly you would not normally be making comments about the shape of someone's head like that otherwise! Hating what a person has done or been accused of doing doesn't mean you need to hate every single other thing about them.

I think her hair is looking lovely based on the pictures in this thread. I doubt she bothered to have any money used to buy her any fancy shampoos or hair products for her prison stay since I am guessing most people in prison just are not that concerned over their hair. Much bigger things to worry about there, eh?

I think she looks wonky either way, child killer or no. I wouldn't say anything like that to someone else, but celebrities who will never see this are fair game :D. I don't hate anything about her physically, I just think her hairline looks strange. And I didn't think it looked that strange before prison, so it's other interesting to me because I wonder what changed.

JaneinMarch
July 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM

I never gave her case much thought until the verdict came out; I just noticed from a few pics I've seen of her that her part/head shape looks funny to me with long hair. She looked better with short hair.

Carolyn
July 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
I imagine her lawyers coached on her hair style and clothing choices. She may have had a choice on the day of her sentencing since it was all over. The simple long sleeved blouses and the plain bun were meant to be conservative and not call attention to her looks. I would guess that she has a naturally high growth rate. Do we know how tall she is? If she is on the shorter side and her normal growth was 1" per month it would have been easy to grow from chin to waist in that time period.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM

Thank you Chromis I agree with you.

Monsterna, I don't feel insulting someone is fair game even if they are Celebrities is fair game. She did not ask to be put into the spot light. I believe letting cameras into our court rooms make the person on trail unwilling celebrities.

monsterna
July 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Thank you Chromis I agree with you.

Monsterna, I don't feel insulting someone is fair game even if they are Celebrities is fair game. She did not ask to be put into the spot light. I believe letting cameras into our court rooms make the person on trail unwilling celebrities.

Normally I would agree, but I think getting a tattoo that says "life is beautiful" after your daughter has gone missing/you kill her constitutes fair game, haha.

More on topic, I didn't want to say anything either, but I did notice her hair and thought it looked good down.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Monsterna I agree with you her hair does look good down. I think she is wearing a bumpit in this pic.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=casey+anthony+hair&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1RNBN_enUS436US436&nord=1&tbm=isch&tbnid=pcmyjc0shqhdwM:&imgrefurl=http://teensleuth.com/blog/%253Fp%253D6485&docid=caF1lBSNkbWADM&w=513&h=338&ei=FbspTr7ME5KSgQei4JGICw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=550&vpy=155&dur=546&hovh=182&hovw=277&tx=160&ty=143&page=4&tbnh=152&tbnw=229&start=36&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:36&biw=1024&bih=649

naereid
July 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
I will not admire anything about the hair of a child neglecter/murderer... that is all. No offense to anyone. But she deserves NO extra publicity.
I completely agree. I'm kinda appalled at this thread. Sure, hair is hair, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum.

woolyleprechaun
July 22nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
pure hair neglect, methinks. Im guessing shes got a lot more than hair on her mind. Just goes to show- a watched pot never boils....:(

Kleis
July 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
I think her hair is lovely and I'm not appalled by this thread. I am, however, twitchy at the use of the word "celebrity." I think it's more "infamy." :lol:

Demetra
July 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Lol I just want to tell you how happy I am that I'm not the only one who noticed her hair growth!! Of course I think she's a guilty, terrible person, but I GOTTA give her props on that growth, it looked beautiful in court!

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Casey was able to buy things while imprisoned, so I'm sure some of those donated funds went toward hair products.

As for the length..it seems normal for the time she spent behind bars. But not waist length by any stretch.

As for the buns...I bet anything that was her attorney's suggestion. Look as prim and innocent as the new fallen sludge. Casey would never have worn a bun in "real" life! Imagine wearing a bun in a Hot Body Contest!!!

Casey Anthony will need more than a hair cut/dye job! Plastic surgery would be a better option. 'Cept that costs $$$$..and who's gonna shell out that kinda dough for Casey Anthony?!

She has been offered millions of dollars to do sit down interviews and she has accepted.

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
I completely agree. I'm kinda appalled at this thread. Sure, hair is hair, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I don't understand this. There is the long hair spotted thread, about strangers...who could be abusers, people planning to commit crimes, etc, but you can still point out things about their hair. Heck, people on this forum could secretly be doing horrible things, but if they posted pictures of their hair we'd all comment. This is a hair forum afterall, that doesn't discriminate against all types of hair.

ratgirldjh
July 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
I just had to chime in here and say that once long ago I went to jail for a week! EEK

While in jail I had to wash my BSL length dyed red hair once. Not having any shampoo of my own I just borrowed a drop from someone else in the shower area.

Thank goodness I wasn't allergic to it!!! But imagine my surprise when my hair was soooo shiny, smooth and just amazing looking! Could it be the water???

Wish I knew what shampoo that was - but I'd probably be allergic to it now... this was before I was allergic to everything... ;)

Bene
July 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I think her hair looks pretty good. I don't see what's so bad about admitting it :shrug:

1953Diygal
July 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Sure, hair is hair, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I dunno.....you've never seen what I see when I clean out my Dyson. :eyebrows:

Sorry...JK. I saw the opening and I took it.

naereid
July 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
I don't understand this. There is the long hair spotted thread, about strangers...who could be abusers, people planning to commit crimes, etc, but you can still point out things about their hair. Heck, people on this forum could secretly be doing horrible things, but if they posted pictures of their hair we'd all comment. This is a hair forum afterall, that doesn't discriminate against all types of hair.
She's not a random person on the street, though. She's a controversial public figure primarily known for being accused of a crime against a child. The same thing happened with Polanski recently; I've seen many people claim they'll never watch any of his movies because they're the work of a child molester.

I think it would take exceptional kindness and an utter lack of prejudice to welcome someone like Casey Anthony to any kind of forum or to one's daily life.

Bene
July 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
She's not a random person on the street, though. She's a controversial public figure primarily known for being accused of a crime against a child. The same thing happened with Polanski recently; I've seen many people claim they'll never watch any of his movies because they're the work of a child molester.

I think it would take exceptional kindness and an utter lack of prejudice to welcome someone like Casey Anthony to any kind of forum or to one's daily life.

I think Rosemary's Baby is a great movie. Just because Roman Polanski is a pervert doesn't make the movie any less entertaining. As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna go put it on right now, it's been a while since I've seen it :)

Also, nobody is welcoming Casey Anthony to this forum, some of us are admiring her hair. Which looks good because she hasn't been bleaching the crap out of it. She's not getting any publicity from that, she's not earning any money because of that, nor is it erasing her alleged crime. We're just talking about the hair.

And, I'm kind of glad that some people are able to set all that stuff aside and talk about what's important here. The hair! :laugh:

Madora
July 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
She has been offered millions of dollars to do sit down interviews and she has accepted.

Well, IF she does give that interview, I doubt if she'll end up seeing much of that money! What with the Feds, her attorneys, and the various people who are sueing her for defamation of character, not to mention Mr. Tim Miller of Texas equsearch! Whatever she makes- from anything - will disappear...fast..but not into Casey's wallet!

naereid
July 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
I think Rosemary's Baby is a great movie. Just because Roman Polanski is a pervert doesn't make the movie any less entertaining. As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna go put it on right now, it's been a while since I've seen it :)
Oh noooo, that movie scarred me for life! :laugh: I think it's an overreaction too, but I guess now I can see why someone would feel that way.

Also, nobody is welcoming Casey Anthony to this forum, some of us are admiring her hair. Which looks good because she hasn't been bleaching the crap out of it. She's not getting any publicity from that, she's not earning any money because of that, nor is it erasing her alleged crime. We're just talking about the hair.

And, I'm kind of glad that some people are able to set all that stuff aside and talk about what's important here. The hair! :laugh:
I know, I know, it's just that McFearless said that there could be horrible people on this forum and we'd still talk to them. :)

I feel like I'm in over my head when it comes to controversial topics like this one, so I'm gonna retreat.

MissHair
July 22nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
I dont know who that is.. anyone have pics, before/after? How long was she imprisoned? Im gonna try the ''prison method'' haha, dont shoot me for saying that. I'll try anything that works, neglect this time. :D

vanillabones
July 22nd, 2011, 03:36 PM

I am appalled that people are taking it the wrong way and not just talking about her hair! I'm shocked people think this thread is 'wrong' there is a Casey Anthony Murder Trial Thread that's been up before the verdict where they can rant, this is about her hair! Which I too have no problem admitting is so nice from not getting the chance to bleach the crap out of it :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM

I can't argue with that. :) I meant there could be 'bad' people on this forum, and we'd talk to them about their hair, without knowing who they really are. Not that we'd ignore crimes commited by a rapist even if they had nice hair. Lol I should have been more clear.

Well, IF she does give that interview, I doubt if she'll end up seeing much of that money! What with the Feds, her attorneys, and the various people who are sueing her for defamation of character, not to mention Mr. Tim Miller of Texas equsearch! Whatever she makes- from anything - will disappear...fast..but not into Casey's wallet!
This sounds like a much more harsh punishment than sitting in jail with shelter and food. A comforting thought for those who are freaking out about her being free, I guess.

Nae
July 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
I dunno.....you've never seen what I see when I clean out my Dyson. :eyebrows:

Sorry...JK. I saw the opening and I took it.

Oh my, don't be sorry. I got quite the giggle out of it. You are so witty! :D

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Well if Casey Anthony wants to learn about great hair care and join here. I will say Welcome.:) By Casey neglecting her hair it turned out very nicely and healthy looking. So it true that benign neglect does make your hair look pretty.

Bene
July 22nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I can't argue with that. :) I meant there could be 'bad' people on this forum, and we'd talk to them about their hair, without knowing who they really are. Not that we'd ignore crimes commited by a rapist even if they had nice hair. Lol I should have been more clear.

Don't know about you, but if a rapist with FABULOUS hair wandered by, I'd ask about what products they used and what sort of tools they had at their disposal. I'd rather they NOT disclose their crime because it would derail the whole hair Q&A I'd hope to get information from.

On the flipside, let's say Mother Theresa had dry, brittle, damaged hair, doesn't matter what she did, it doesn't make her hair any nicer. I certainly wouldn't care what conditioner she used :laugh:

I suppose I'm using the extremes to underline one of my major points concerning this site. I am not my hair. Neither are you. Whatever crimes or sins you've committed don't apply because they don't affect the quality of your hair. Those things, as far as I'm concerned, are irrelevant.

Casey Anthony, whatever she did, she went from chin length to almost waist via (I'm assuming) benign neglect. That's what a lot of people here do, and it happens that she figured it out (or maybe she didn't and it's all accidental) in prison. Does that make the information any less valid?

And, Miss Anthony, if you're out there and you want to share your hair care techniques, I'd me more than happy to read up on it. Just don't go telling people here who you really are :laugh:

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Don't know about you, but if a rapist with FABULOUS hair wandered by, I'd ask about what products they used and what sort of tools they had at their disposal. I'd rather they NOT disclose their crime because it would derail the whole hair Q&A I'd hope to get information from.

On the flipside, let's say Mother Theresa had dry, brittle, damaged hair, doesn't matter what she did, it doesn't make her hair any nicer. I certainly wouldn't care what conditioner she used :laugh:

I suppose I'm using the extremes to underline one of my major points concerning this site. I am not my hair. Neither are you. Whatever crimes or sins you've committed don't apply because they don't affect the quality of your hair. Those things, as far as I'm concerned, are irrelevant.

Casey Anthony, whatever she did, she went from chin length to almost waist via (I'm assuming) benign neglect. That's what a lot of people here do, and it happens that she figured it out (or maybe she didn't and it's all accidental) in prison. Does that make the information any less valid?

And, Miss Anthony, if you're out there and you want to share your hair care techniques, I'd me more than happy to read up on it. Just don't go telling people here who you really are :laugh:

LOL. Thats exactly what I meant. I can admire her hair without admiring her personality or ever wanting to know her. Liking their hair doesn't excuse their crime.

Carolyn
July 22nd, 2011, 05:41 PM

And, Miss Anthony, if you're out there and you want to share your hair care techniques, I'd me more than happy to read up on it. Just don't go telling people here who you really are :laugh:It's kind of like me going crazy for Lindsey Lohan's FU nails and trying to copy them without the lettering :gabigrin: If Casey were to come here and want to talk hair, yeah I'd be cool with that.

summerjade
July 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Yes!! I noticed how much her hair has grown in prison. Like you said, she probably doesn't do anything to it in prison, probably has nothing to do anything with. She probably just washes it and that's it. Her hair was so beautiful and long. I bet it's not long anymore!!!

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well if Ms. Anthony wants to share hair care tips that would be great. Since Casey Anthony committed no crime I don't see why people keep saying she committed a crime or judge her personality. We are talking about how she grew her hair so fast in two years.

Bene
July 22nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I've never done any time in prison or jail, so I'm actually curious about this. Like, what's available to lady prisoners?

Are ACV rinses allowed or are they banned because you can throw ACV in someone's eyes and hurt them. But ACV is a relatively weak acid, so aside from it being all stingy, there's not much you can do to someone with it.

Hair forks and sticks, they could be sharpened and used as weapons, even without sharpening you can hurt someone. So do lady prisoners rely on soft scrunchies and non-metal elastic thingies? Would Ficcarres be allowed?

I doubt hair dryers and flat irons are allowed. But what about plastic combs and brushes?

McFearless
July 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Well if Ms. Anthony wants to share hair care tips that would be great. Since Casey Anthony committed no crime I don't see why people keep saying she committed a crime or judge her personality. We are talking about how she grew her hair so fast in two years.

She did commit a few crimes. She wasn't found guilty for the murder of her daughter though, but the jury thinks she did it. Weird all around.

Bene I'm wondering what is allowed too. They probably resort to braiding but I doubt they are worrying about tangles in there.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Bene it's what ever shampoo and conditioner they carry at the jail that she would have used. You can not have any outside items brought to you. The only thing you can have is good clothes to go too court with.

Catladyintown
July 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
She did commit a few crimes. She wasn't found guilty for the murder of her daughter though, but the jury thinks she did it. Weird all around.

Bene I'm wondering what is allowed to. They probably resort to braiding but I doubt they are worrying about tangles in there.

McFearless I stand corrected your right. She did commit four misdemeanors which she is appealing.

RitaCeleste
July 22nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, I think she's a bit crazy. Who doesn't dial 911 if their child is dead and their hand prints aren't on their neck? I don't honestly know if she killed the child or not. Whether she knows it or not she has suffered a terrible loss guilt or innocence aside. Despite what people think, I think she probably cared about that child more than the onlookers and naysayers.
As to the hair, I'm betting they are allowed haircuts and her lawyers told her not to cut it. Families can bring prisoners here books and shampoo and things. They aren't allowed much but they have stores now that sell products to prisioners, snack packs because they don't feed them to well, so they can sell more snack packs, pens and paper for letters, the phones are owned by a private company that charges so much per minute, you know like its a 900 number. And then if they get out on parole, they jack them for more money at every appointment. Profits to be made and all all the way around. Its not just TV making a buck off prisoners. Its a big country, kids are beaten raped and tortured, some live, some die and not all are cute and look good and get air play.
I think her hair looks good because of no blow friers, irons and basic care. Lawyer can usually get you hair dye, good shampoo and conditioner and whatever they want you to wear before a trial though. So if she had needed hair dye, they would have given it to her before making her go in front of the cameras prisoner or not.

Amraann
July 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Casey was in jail for close to three years so I am not shocked by the hair growth.

Hopefully she will get it wrapped around her neck and choke in her sleep.

Catarina
July 23rd, 2011, 02:39 AM
I think her hair growth has nothing to do with being in prison or hair care for the most part.

If you look at her parents they both have VERY thick, healthy, hair both her mother and father.

Even when it was short it was healthy and thick looking.

Sometimes it's just a matter of genetics, and they don't have to do anything special to it.

cocolady
July 23rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
I never took good care of my hair when I was younger either and I had long thick hair because I didn't dye it and didn't cut it. Later when I started dying it it got dry and thinner.
Anyway I doubt she did anything special with it, just let it grow.

Mrspuddinhead
July 23rd, 2011, 03:13 AM
She went from a chin length bob to waist? within two years. Shes lucky her hair is straight. There are no tangle teezers in jail.

I believe she was in prison for three years. I followed the case from beginning to end. That is all I have to say other wise there will be a huge rant.

Catarina
July 23rd, 2011, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=RitaCeleste;1702941
As to the hair, I'm betting they are allowed haircuts and her lawyers told her not to cut it. Families can bring prisoners here books and shampoo and things. They aren't allowed much but they have stores now that sell products to prisioners, snack packs because they don't feed them to well, so they can sell more snack packs, pens and paper for letters, the phones are owned by a private company that charges so much per minute, you know like its a 900 number. And then if they get out on parole, they jack them for more money at every appointment. Profits to be made and all all the way around. Its not just TV making a buck off prisoners. .[/QUOTE]

I think she did grow it on the advice of her lawyers to give her a softer appearance and that librarian look she had for the trial, so they could distance her appearance from that party girl image in the pics when her baby was dead in the swamp. It didn't fool me, but it fooled alot of people.

She was even on tape during interrogation telling detectives how she like to wear her hair short and it was getting kind of long when it was chin length. Like they even cared about her stupid hair, when it was her daughter LE was looking for.

Fairlight63
July 23rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
She could also make a bigger change in her looks after getting out to be able to cut her hair than if it was already short. Now she can cut & color her hair as to just being able to color her hair another color.

(I also think that she is guilty as the day is long & had good lawyers to be able to get her off. Oh well, she & God knows what the truth is - she has to look herself in the mirror every morning knowing just what she has done. She must be one cool character if she does not have any guilt feelings! What a beautiful daughter she had, and what a monster could have killed that beautiful baby. If she didn't want the baby, why didn't she give her up for adoption, there are so many couples that want to have children & are not able, what a shame. :()

jacqueline101
July 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
I noticed the hair growth. Like you said something made it grow.

Mrspuddinhead
July 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
She could also make a bigger change in her looks after getting out to be able to cut her hair than if it was already short. Now she can cut & color her hair as to just being able to color her hair another color.

(I also think that she is guilty as the day is long & had good lawyers to be able to get her off. Oh well, she & God knows what the truth is - she has to look herself in the mirror every morning knowing just what she has done. She must be one cool character if she does not have any guilt feelings! What a beautiful daughter she had, and what a monster could have killed that beautiful baby. If she didn't want the baby, why didn't she give her up for adoption, there are so many couples that want to have children & are not able, what a shame. :()
Not to get to much into it but I honestly think she murdered her baby girl. When Caylee was found Casey was in hysterics and told a fellow inmate that the remains had been found in a black trash bag along with a baby blanket. The media never made mention of the baby blanket. Something at that time only someone involved would know. As far as adoption she wanted to give Caylee up but Cindy Anthony wouldn't allow it. I've said enough. Sorry for the ramble.

Mrspuddinhead
July 23rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I dont know who that is.. anyone have pics, before/after? How long was she imprisoned? Im gonna try the ''prison method'' haha, dont shoot me for saying that. I'll try anything that works, neglect this time. :D

Oh my goodness!! Really?? Casey Anthony was charged with the murder of her 2 year old baby. She awaited 3 years for her trail. Any way the jurors found her not guilty even though there was plenty of evidence. Just google her. She wont be hard to find.

Mrspuddinhead
July 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
I will openly admit her hair did look beautiful. I would also like to say I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my previous comments. Please keep in mind I followed this case for three years so it is very close to heart.

Hairizona
July 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'm all for this thread being shut down because some posters cannot keep their judgemental opinions to themselves.

Lollipop
July 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
[quote=Amraann;1702967]Casey was in jail for close to three years so I am not shocked by the hair growth.
quote]

I second this. I don't see anything impressive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she was arrested in the summer of 2008 and released around the same time 2011. So that's 3 years, and I think chin to waist is totally reasonable within 3 years, assuming an average growth rate.

(also, I think her hair is actually around, or just past BSL :shrug:)

Nae
July 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
I agree that her growth rate was probably pretty normal. I don't think she was particularly tall or anything. I think the thing that makes it noticable is that the news kept running older photos of her for so long. When I hear the name I picture her with shorter hair. Then to see the pictures of her during the trial......well if you are into hair you will notice these things. It was just a drastic visual change.

People notice physical changes about people no matter how famous/infamous they are. Remember all the talking heads going on about whether Osama Bin Laden dyed his beard??

elbow chic
July 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
none of of the long-haired people I know IRL do much to get it that way. Hair grows, that's what it does, most people would have long hair if they didn't cut it off every so often.

I actually think most people don't have to fuss with their hair all that much unless they're bleaching/dyeing/flat-ironing/perming it to hell and back.

AnqeIicDemise
July 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
You learn how to manage your hair without extra frills, heat or anything like that. I never spent time in prison, but I did spend four days in jail (loooong story!).

My hair addiction brought me out of my misery long enough to see the creativity of some of these ladies.

We would get gloves every morning, with the mop bucket, to clean our station (this jail had six bunk rooms, two women a piece, three in the lower floor, three in the upper. We also had a small living section with a table to share meals at, one tv and a small bathroom with a shower. No door to this. >.<). Before using the gloves, we'd tear the curled up section of the gloves to use as hair bands. Yes, it was ****ty rubber and it could tair your hair off if you weren't careful, but we learned to deal. It was either use a crappy glove base to tie your hair up or have it loose ALL day (pens and pencils were not usually freely handed out.)

There was one lady with really pretty, curly hair. I learned on my second night that she had stashed a lot of glove bases, empty toilet paper rolls and un-used tampon applicators. She had fashioned a curler set out of these by stretching out the elastic 'band' over the paper tubes and fastening them in notches she had cut out.

Anyway, long story short, as nice as some of these women could be, I don't EVER want to wind up back in that place. I like having windows big enough for me to see outside and fresh air at any time. Four days was MORE than enough to last me a lifetime.

PS: my case was dropped eventually and I was never convicted.

shellblue1
July 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Apparently all she had access to for hair cutting was an electric hair trimmer, no scissors.

Her hair is also naturally very straight so she might not have had much tangling after shampooing.

McFearless
July 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
I believe she was in prison for three years. I followed the case from beginning to end. That is all I have to say other wise there will be a huge rant.

Oh okay. Thanks for correcting me. :) I think the shocking thing is seeing a bob and then wait length hair with no updates in between. We are all shocked with before and after pictures. Monthly progress pictures have less "wow factor".

Badwolf
July 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'm currently watching a show about inmates showing the different things they use make do without everyday things. One of the women used lotion and grape jelly to make hair gel. I don't think healthy hair care is at the top of most prisoners daily routine. Casey Anthony's hair growth is most likely just due to time passing.

shikara
July 23rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Let's not forget that she is very short, and 3 years at 6" a year is 18 inches, after all - long enough to account for her growth. She trimmed her hair with nail clippers.

cocolady
July 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM
none of of the long-haired people I know IRL do much to get it that way. Hair grows, that's what it does, most people would have long hair if they didn't cut it off every so often.

I actually think most people don't have to fuss with their hair all that much unless they're bleaching/dyeing/flat-ironing/perming it to hell and back.

I agree with this, long hair is quite easy to achieve.. you just let it grow lol :)

Madora
July 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
While I find Miss Anthony loathsome in the extreme, her hair did look nice.

Just goes to show you that "less is more" works when growing your hair.

Carolyn
July 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I wish the vitriol about Ms Anthony could be confined to our other thread about her. This thread is about her hair and not about what she did or didn't do.

Maverick494
July 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I came in here --having never heard of this women before-- expecting some pretty amazing hair. I was disappointed. I simply don't get the fuss. :confused: There are so many users here on LHC with better hair (and better pics). The sigs in this thread alone knock her out of the park. Sure, the growth progress she made was pretty good, but other users have pointed out that this is easy to achieve through benign neglect.
So really, what am I missing here?:confused:

spidermom
July 24th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Nice growth, but I thought her appearance made a good case for short hair. Of course there were a lot of factors at work, but she looked so much more haggard to me with long hair pulled back.

Yame
July 24th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Nice growth, but I thought her appearance made a good case for short hair. Of course there were a lot of factors at work, but she looked so much more haggard to me with long hair pulled back.

I agree. Actually, I thought for her face shape and features, she is the kind of person that pulls off short hair very well, and even looks better with short hair than long hair. Not that her hair doesn't look nice now, but it doesn't look great on her.

Her crime was indeed loathsome, though. It's sad that justice hasn't been done, but I could never help thinking she is very beautiful. I even think that her looks are part of the reason she was not found guilty of the crime.