PDA

View Full Version : How can my bf cut a lock of his hair without it being too noticable?

snakewitch
July 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
His hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and he's extremely protective of it. He wants to cut me a lock of it but doesn't know where to cut it so it can be least noticeable. He doesn't wanna ruin his 'do' apparently. So... how/where does he cut it for this? xD

Kathie
July 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
His hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and he's extremely protective of it. He wants to cut me a lock of it but doesn't know where to cut it so it can be least noticeable. He doesn't wanna ruin his 'do' apparently.
Its hard to say without seeing how he styles it. But I'd say at the back in the middle somewhere i.e., in-between the top and bottom layer of hair.

snakewitch
July 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Its hard to say without seeing how he styles it. But I'd say at the back in the middle somewhere i.e., in-between the top and bottom layer of hair.

He just wears it down... he like never does anything else with it. And thanks. :D

kwaniesiam
July 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Why does he want you to cut a lock of it? You can snip a very small group of strands from several places throughout the head and no one will ever know. That is what I do to strand test color for clients.

silverjen
July 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM
I was going to say you can cut from the bottom layer, at the nape of the neck. But kwanie's suggestion is brilliant, and much better than mine!

Mesmerise
July 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
I was going to say you can cut from the bottom layer, at the nape of the neck. But kwanie's suggestion is brilliant, and much better than mine!

Yup agreed! I would have said from underneath, but if you want a large enough lock it does make more sense to take bits and pieces from around the head rather than one big chunk!

Of course if he always wears it down, it doesn't matter too much if you get it from underneath...but it's always best to do small bits anyway.

EdG
July 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Why not use shed hairs? He must make a pile of those every day.
Ed

vanity_acefake
July 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Why not use shed hairs? He must make a pile of those every day.
Ed

You beat me to it Ed.
:)