PDA

View Full Version : Date Dilemna . . .

Arianoor
July 21st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Last weekend, BF and I went to a play. I really wanted my hair down and curly for this date because, we so rarely go out lately and I know he loves it that way. I had to work the whole day, so I couldn't really do any of the cool curl things I've been meaning to try. I curled it with a curling iron. :o

My dilema was . . . should I have oiled it first? I've been oiling with jojoba pretty much every night, but I couldn't decide if it would protect it a bit from the heat or give me deep-fried hair. So I didn't do it. Anyone have an opinion either way?

Slinks
July 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure but yeah I'm guessing it would deep fry, for sure !! lol, I hide my hair from the sun when I've got oil on ..

xoerincolleen
July 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
I don't think oil would have fried your hair (do curlers get hot enough to do that?), but I would have personally used a heat-protectant spray. But, curling your hair once or even once in a while isn't going to ruin it. Next time, I think you would be fine using a little oil beforehand. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though!