PDA

View Full Version : Surprise at the store today

bluesnowflake
July 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM
I went to Target today to buy a new bottle of conditioner and discovered that they reformulated the entire Garnier line. I haven't used the new conditioner yet, but based on the ingredients they seem to have more natural oils and fewer cones. Has anyone else seen the new kinds/thoughts?

Carolyn
July 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Bought it. Love it. I've been using that line for a month or so now. I'd guess I've used it maybe 4 times now. I swap my products each wash so it's not like I've been using it continually for a month. I can't do that with any products without having a hair disaster. I give it a big :thumbsup: It's inexpensive, smells great and makes my hair look great. I cant ask for more.

Jader_Jem
July 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi there! I Love the new Pure Clean line! Only thing I dont care for is the conditioner has no cones so my curlies dont smooth very well and if I use too much it feel almost like my hair is sticky. But its great if you use a little plus smells amazing! I walk around all day with my hair under my nose literally!!! :D

pepperminttea
July 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Have they reformulated the Triple Nutrition conditioner too? :shocked: (Is it still awesome?)

*prepares to panic buy*

boomtownrat
July 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
I thought it was just that they've added a Pure Clean line, not that they've gotten rid of or changed their entire line. At least, I still see the Triple Nutrition and all the other kinds of Garnier, but I haven't checked to see if they were reformulated.

Anyway, I use the Pure Clean Fortifying shampoo and conditioner regularly, at least once a week (I'm a daily washer) and I love them. My hair smells great but whatever is in the perfume doesn't irritate my skin the way Daily Care Fortifying does. It's not the same smell -- it makes me think of green apples.

rena
July 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
I. am. an. Garnier. Junkie. :D.

I love, love, love, their Pure Clean conditioner for COing and the matching shampoo in the winter. Their other conditioners are also nice for COing in my experience, but the Pure Clean is my fave for that.

I ADORE ther Triple Nutrition conditioner and...If they changed it in any way...

*Enter deadly silence*

GlennaGirl
July 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
I use this product and I love it, the conditioner more so than the shampoo. But both work. It's just that I REALLY love the conditioner. :p

MissManda
July 21st, 2011, 10:27 PM
I certainly hope that they haven't reformulated the GFTN! I just bought a bottle of that today as a treat for accomplishing pure awesomeness. :D I actually had trouble finding it in the store because they changed the packaging. Admittedly, the font on the bottle is a little larger so it's much easier for me to read with my vision impairment, but I'm still embarrassed that I couldn't find it even though it was right in front of my face. :o

Wash day is tomorrow and I'll get to try it then! Yay, so excited! :bounce:

LoversLullaby
July 21st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Have they reformulated the Triple Nutrition conditioner too? :shocked: (Is it still awesome?)

*prepares to panic buy*
I'm not sure if they reformulated it, but my hair feels absolutely the same as it did when I used the other GFTN (like pure awesomeness).
So please don't panic!!! :)

aliceinmadness
July 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM
I've always had a certain fondness for Garnier. I used to be totally addicted to the silk protein stuff...but lately it hasn't really been my cup of tea. I plan on keeping the Pure Clean shampoo around - it's a good clarifier. The Pure Clean conditioner I hate...the GFTN is just "meh" on my hair. I'm blaming the mineral oil, but I'll still use what I've got left.

Mairéad
July 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
I haven't been able to find an ingredients list for the Pure Clean so I'm going to have to read them in person next time I'm at the store.

I'm always on the look for cheap cone-free conditioners for my CO-washing. VO5 is OK for me but it doesn't do as well as say, the Tresseme Naturals for me.

Also, are you guys noticing more and more of the "big lines" are putting out cone-free conditioners!?

Loreley
July 22nd, 2011, 12:47 AM

*prepares to panic buy*

Here they changed the bottle, the scent and 1-2 ingredients. The conditioner is still cone-free and smells good, maybe it's not as yellow as before. It is still awesome, so no need to panic. ;)

jasper
July 22nd, 2011, 05:45 AM
I have been using the Pure Clean Fortifying shampoo and conditioner for a month and don't like it.

I think it is hard to rinse out or something. My hair feels sticky and looks piecy or stringy. Before trying it, I was using suave naturals coconut.

Mairéad, here's the conditioner ingredients list:
Water, cetearyl alcohol, distearoylethyl, hydroxyethylmonium methosulfate, octyldodecanol, fragrance, pyrus malus extract/ apple fruit extract, zea mays starch/ corn starch, camelina sativa oil/ camelina saliva seed oil, prunus aemeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, glycine soja oil/ soybean oil, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, benzoic acid, niacinamide, pyridoxine hcl, caprylic/ capric tricky erode, lanilool, hexyl cinnamal, citric acid, saccharum officinarum extract/ sugar cane extract, citrus medica lemon peel extract, camellia sinensis extract/ camellia sinensis leaf extract, Malpighia punciolia/ acerola fruit extract.

(at least, that is as best my typing and the annoying autocorrect would allow me to represent it)
And, according to the front lable, 92% of that is biodegradable. No silicone, no paraben, no dye. :shrug:

WaitingSoLong
July 22nd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Fortifying usually means protein and my hair hates protein.

I. Must. Have. Cones. I use Pantene ;P

So...the GFTN did not change, right?

It takes me months to go through one bottle, and I do mean MONTHS so a lot of time I can never find the same product again. I am almost out of my GFTN, do I need to go buy more before they change it?

KatiSasha
July 22nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
I've always had a certain fondness for Garnier. I used to be totally addicted to the silk protein stuff...but lately it hasn't really been my cup of tea. I plan on keeping the Pure Clean shampoo around - it's a good clarifier. The Pure Clean conditioner I hate...the GFTN is just "meh" on my hair. I'm blaming the mineral oil, but I'll still use what I've got left.

My GFTN has no mineral oil. How long ago did you get yours?

Mairéad
July 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Thank you for writing out the ingredients, there sure are quite a few! The corn starch kind of baffles me. I don't think I've ever seen a conditioner with corn starch in it and it reminds me of this time my sister and I made a "silly putty" recipe out of our girl scout manual and it got dumped over my head (corn starch + water+green food dye). Had green chunks in my hair for weeks!

I think I'll pass!

I have been using the Pure Clean Fortifying shampoo and conditioner for a month and don't like it.

I think it is hard to rinse out or something. My hair feels sticky and looks piecy or stringy. Before trying it, I was using suave naturals coconut.

Mairéad, here's the conditioner ingredients list:
Water, cetearyl alcohol, distearoylethyl, hydroxyethylmonium methosulfate, octyldodecanol, fragrance, pyrus malus extract/ apple fruit extract, zea mays starch/ corn starch, camelina sativa oil/ camelina saliva seed oil, prunus aemeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, glycine soja oil/ soybean oil, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, benzoic acid, niacinamide, pyridoxine hcl, caprylic/ capric tricky erode, lanilool, hexyl cinnamal, citric acid, saccharum officinarum extract/ sugar cane extract, citrus medica lemon peel extract, camellia sinensis extract/ camellia sinensis leaf extract, Malpighia punciolia/ acerola fruit extract.

(at least, that is as best my typing and the annoying autocorrect would allow me to represent it)
And, according to the front lable, 92% of that is biodegradable. No silicone, no paraben, no dye. :shrug:

racrane
July 22nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I alternate between Suave and VO5 but the hair junkie in me wants to know if it would be worth it to buy it?

October
July 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
I got a free sample of this stuff in the mail a few weeks back. I didn't find it too impressive on my hair. I remember thinking that I would not buy the stuff and was glad I got to try it as a sample instead. Ahh well.