PDA

View Full Version : Did a deep condish--now my hair feels thinner?

PoliticalPilot
July 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
I used a chamomile/horsetail/henna "deep treatment" (not much henna, so it didn't change the color). My hair is so smooth and silky now, but it seems my circumference is smaller by a little bit. Is it because my hair is smoother? I didn't think I lost any more than normal after rinsing it out/shampooing--but it just seems odd.

Amber_Maiden
July 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Happens to be all the time. I only use CO now because I like my head felling lighter/feeling less thick. I think the conditioning treatment helps to weigh the hair down, if that makes any sense... I find the same thing happens when I don't wash my hair for over a week- the sebum helps weigh my hair down/make it feel like I have less of it.

Dina L.
July 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
I find the same thing happens when I don't wash my hair for over a week- the sebum helps weigh my hair down/make it feel like I have less of it.
Same here, still it scares me a little every time I notice this.

jaquelines
July 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
no, you haven´t lost hair, is just that your hair is moistured now, your cuticle is clean and smooth, it doesn´t raise up, you can slide through your hair, it is softer. once it will get a bit dryer, you will see the circumference will not be the same.
i did a super-moistured treatment the other day, my hair was incredible soft , but also look thinner that way.
you shouldn´t be worried. is nice that you could treat your hair and make it soft .

Anje
July 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
It's not abnormal for more moisturized hair to be more compact, nor for dry hair to be voluminous and/or frizzy. I notice a difference even based on how I wash -- far more volume and fly-away frizz when I use shampoo vs when I CO.

battles
July 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Ooh, thanks for this thread. I was having the same worries, since I started taking better care of my hair I've noticed that it seems so much thinner.. I think I'm back in the i category. :(

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Just measured circumference, I've got 2.5 going on.

prettykitty
July 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Happens to me too, it feels heavier and less fluffy, which makes it feel thinner. It also feels thinner when it's full of oil and all dirty, and seems to lose volume when I've worn it bunned.