PDA

View Full Version : whats a good protein treatment to use????

annieangel149
July 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
hi peeps! im thinking my hair might need some protein! what do u guys think works best! im thinking of using mayonnaise! will any mayonnaise do or do i need to watch out for certain ingredients in the product?? im not very knowledgable on the natural treatments lol!

RitaCeleste
July 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM
I like Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor for protein. Remember after the mayo or an egg, rinse well and deep condition the mess out of it as protein can be drying. After my first protein treatment, a heavy duty Aphogee 2 step, I rinsed and dried. My hair was so dry I was looking like Pomeranian. I use EVOO to help some but now if I use protein, I make time to deep condition it before I let it dry.

annieangel149
July 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
thanks for the advice ritaceleste! :)

Anje
July 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Yep, Aphogee followed by a moisture treatment is supposed to be one of the best. Pretty heavy-duty stuff, though.

jaquelines
July 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
i would do a avocado/mayo/soya/egg/oilve oil mix. put it on dry/damp hair as a pre-treatment and after rinsing it out doing a SMT.

HairFaerie
July 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
I like using coconut milk (put the can in the refrigerator over night so it solidifies and is easier to use), a protein conditioner (I like the one by Aubrey Organics), some 100% aloe gel (the kind from the health food section that you can ingest) and a smidgeon of olive oil. I leave that on for a few hours and then rinse it out (no shampoo, just rinse). My hair loves it and it is so soft, silky and shiny afterwards!

goldenmoments
July 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
I noticed you are co washing. Occasionally using a conditioner with protein to co wash might work for you. I would condition with a very moisturizing conditioner after co wash with protein too keep hair from getting to dry. Using coconut oil to seal occasionally works for me too

whitestiletto
July 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM
I like to take an avocado, cut it in half, then "comb" it through my hair section by section until the whole thing is worn into my hair. This has the protein and the oil to moisturize. It makes my hair really soft.

LunaMoon
July 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
My hair gets dull and dry using eggs. With aphogee 2 minutes, after a good moisturizing treatment, it is perfect. I have the 2 steps as well, but I don't use the regular way (getting hard - it too hardcore for my hair), I just mix 1 tablespoon of the stuff in my deep conditioning tratment.