PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Herbashine

maborosi
July 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone here use this stuff? I've been using it for a few months now and absolutely love it. It runs extremely dark- I use their "300" shade- "dark natural brown", but it comes out almost black, but I can still see the reddish tones in my hair :3

I love this stuff so much- my hair feels wonderful after I use it, and I can leave it on a bit longer than some box dyes without my hair feeling gross/dry. (I've been chemically dyeing my hair for about 5 years, and this is probably my favorite along with Natural Instincts)

~maborosi~

aliceinmadness
July 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM
I have tried it...I agree that it comes out quite dark, but the semi's seem to do that more than the permanents. Actually, there's a box laying around here somewhere that I need to switch out for a lighter shade.

Last time I did a semi I used the sublime mousse because I wanted to see what all the hype with foam was about...it also turns out rather darker than the box, but oddly it put me right at my natural color which I've been trying to replicate for a while now. Color me thrilled, lol

GlennaGirl
July 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Do the dark shades fade completely out? Or does your hair retain a little of the color? I've heard darker shades of semis can go permanent on some people.

Chetanlaiho
July 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm in the market for a colour like this (semi permanent I think?) and want it to be dark dark brown - black, so if Garnier turns out darker that's good news for me xD

Has anyone tried it over coconut oil?

maborosi
August 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm in the market for a colour like this (semi permanent I think?) and want it to be dark dark brown - black, so if Garnier turns out darker that's good news for me xD

Has anyone tried it over coconut oil?

I use their "300" shade. It comes out almost black, but you can still see the undertones- it's not a jet black, but it's more like a red-black :)

I've never oiled before using this stuff. I've been meaning to try it though xP

Do the dark shades fade completely out? Or does your hair retain a little of the color? I've heard darker shades of semis can go permanent on some people.

I think it depends on your natural hair color and whether it retains color well. I have naturally blonde hair that holds the dark colors very well, unless I shampoo within about 24-48 hours after coloring. I know some people might say that it doesn't matter, but if I hold off on shampooing and just CO in cold water for a few days after coloring, the color lasts a lot longer and isn't as likely to fade.

~maborosi~

GlennaGirl
August 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Mabrosi!

My hair is very light brown (naturally) and it doesn't seem to be holding dark chemical colors well, so since it's going to be a somewhat temporary effect anyway, I'm going to try Herbashine (the 28 washes one) next time. I *think* it has 10v peroxide.