PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions: Highlights when COwashing

americanjan1
July 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
I have recently begun cowashing. It is time for me to get my highlights redone and I am wondering how to handle my hairdresser when she goes to wash the highlights out of my hair. I get my hair highlighted every few months because it is a very drab color if I don't. I've been using Terax Crema with good results for cowashing and I am wondering if there will be a setback if she uses salon shampoo/conditioner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Roscata
July 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
You could talk to your stylist and ask him/her if they could use CO wash on your hair. But honestly some people that CO use shampoo sometimes to remove build-up so I'm not sure that it would have a bad effect on your new routine. Good luck! :D

americanjan1
July 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
I'm mostly worried about the cones that will be in the conditioner.

KatiSasha
July 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
I would let them shampoo your hair to clarify before highlighting it, but bring your own conditioner. Let them know you're staying away from cones and also make sure that she checks your hair a bit earlier while highlighting - if you don't have cones on your hair it may lighten faster :)

americanjan1
July 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks! I will definitely have her do that. Wouldn't want to be TOO blonde...been there.