PDA

View Full Version : Hair texture changed because of oiling? :(

DarkBeauty
July 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
I feel like crying right now, because last time i washed it, it was thick and natural, but now it's fine and flat and feels thinner :l

I've also been loosing 50-60 hair strands whenever i wash it. Ever since i've been using diluted (to a very small amount) of AVC and occasional oiling. My hair used to be full and thick, now it feels fine and flat :(

I'm just going to cut out vinegar and oils for now, i'd rather have dry hair and have it thick than fine flat hair. I've been doing vinegar rinses for 2-3weeks now every 2-3 days

Do you think its the oils and vinegar that's causing this ''flattening'' of the hair? Please i need an answer because i want my hair to return thick again :(

GoatLady
July 21st, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm sure the folks here will be able to help you sort things out. Whatever is going on, it's only temporary. I see you are a new member here, but are you also new to properly caring for your hair? Have you been changing your hair care routine all at once? You may just be in an adjustment period. It took me almost 2 months for my hair to settle down and stop over producing its own oil. And on top of that I was over oiling with things like olive oil. My hair was flat and looked like an oil slick hit it. Also I found that too much acv rinsing and my hair ends got dry like straw.

callisa
July 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
interesting over oiling causes my hair to get dusty, because i have 4 c hair, but as for the apple cider vinegar i can use that every 3 days and i even detangle my hair with it and almond oil together and never had any problems.........

Lady Azaleia, Ruler of the Acid Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

callisa
July 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM
oh and one more thing acv gets my hair really curly

DarkBeauty
July 21st, 2011, 09:40 AM
I'm sure the folks here will be able to help you sort things out. Whatever is going on, it's only temporary. I see you are a new member here, but are you also new to properly caring for your hair? Have you been changing your hair care routine all at once? .

Yes, i used to shampoo + condition with pantene everyday, my hair is also semi-permanantly dyed that i got it dyed 2-3 months ago, i then started to go no-poo and conditioner only, but even then my hair had some thickness to it.

Artsy
July 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM
CO makes my hair heavy and flat. What conditioner are you using?

Copasetic
July 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM
If you're hair still has oil in it, it might make it look a bit flatter. Just wait for it to evaporate, and maybe use less of it next time.

You can also try clarifying your hair.

DarkBeauty
July 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
CO makes my hair heavy and flat. What conditioner are you using?

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1260&bih=881&q=coconut+milk+conditioner&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5673499344707774626&sa=X&ei=VE8oTr-SBInNhAf5p-SPCg&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAA#

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
maybe ur using too much and ur hair has alot of buildup i hate putting oil on to and rubbing my scalp cause hairs always come out but the way i see it is they would have come out anyway, or maybe i am doing it too rough

I feel like crying right now, because last time i washed it, it was thick and natural, but now it's fine and flat and feels thinner :l

I've also been loosing 50-60 hair strands whenever i wash it. Ever since i've been using diluted (to a very small amount) of AVC and occasional oiling. My hair used to be full and thick, now it feels fine and flat :(

I'm just going to cut out vinegar and oils for now, i'd rather have dry hair and have it thick than fine flat hair. I've been doing vinegar rinses for 2-3weeks now every 2-3 days

Do you think its the oils and vinegar that's causing this ''flattening'' of the hair? Please i need an answer because i want my hair to return thick again :(

growingpains
July 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Don't stress out. Everyone's hair hits a "yucky" patch from time to time. Some routines just don't work for some people. Other routines work great for some time then start producing subpar or even negative results. The good news is based on what you've been using you haven' actually harmed your hair. It just needs a change in routine, you just gotta figure out what. My recommendation would be to clarify with a good SLS shampoo (since ACV isn't working) and then return to your previous routine that was working.

Also, a good rule of thumb is never to try more than one new product or routine at a time. Otherwise you will never be able to tell what is causing your results.

JuliaDancer
July 21st, 2011, 10:34 AM
If you switched to CO, have you clarified? I don't do CO, but I read that it can cause build-up which needs to be washed out every now and then. Also, make sure not to over-oil. Now that it's so hot my coconut oil is melted, all I do is dip the top of my index finger (only up to the first joint above the nail) and rub it in my hands before running my fingers through my hair. It's not a lot of oil at all, but it goes a long way.

Tuna
July 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Same happend to me, when i massaged coconut oil into my scalp. Hair just started to fall out. I now use it only on the lenght... scalp has enought of oils itself.

RitaCeleste
July 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM
If you stop using the oil, you should see an improvement is a few weeks. I don't use ACV yet so I can't help with that. My avatar pic is a pic of my hair brushed and dried without any oil. Plenty of poof. My hair doesn't look the same now as I have been oiling and deep conditioning it. For me that's a good thing, but it sounds like you want different results from what I need. It does take some washings to wear off but it will change back in time. Do not wash too often as it will make your scalp oilier. I started experimenting with lots of conditioners and washing more and my scalp went nuts, its use to more neglect.