PDA

View Full Version : 14 Months of hair growth and my 1 year anniversary

bunzfan
July 21st, 2011, 05:25 AM
I know its a few days early but here goes.

I can't believe i have been here a year already my hair condition has changed dramatically as you will see from my pics and it's grown a lot for someone that just a year ago couldn't get past shoulder length.

What have i discovered well you don't need to trim your hair every 8 weeks like they tell you that was my biggest discovery i tried CO washing but recently discovered my hair and scalp seem to prefer CWC. I've tried henna which i love as well as oils which keep my wavy hair moisturised and a recent discovery was finding a BBB that suited my fine thick hair.

You will see that i was very close to waist which was my first goal but the ends were wispy and dry so about a month ago my stylist trimmed 2 inches off to get rid of the un even ends as i hadn't had a cut in 7 months and to get rid of some of those annoying layers . So even though i miss the length it's so much better now i can wear it in a braid without the layers coming out.

My obsession with updo's and hair toys funnily enough started around the time i joined here:D

Hopefully next year i will be at waist well i can but hope. I love this place your all so helpful and informative i have learnt more in the last year here about hair care than i did at 4 years at hairdressing school lol

Anyway to the pics.

This first two are before and around the time i joined

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/008-14-1.jpg

freckles
July 21st, 2011, 05:28 AM
wow, the french braid picture is amazing! I wish I could braid that neatly :) congrats on one year, and on all your growth! :)

bunzfan
July 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
wow, the french braid picture is amazing! I wish I could braid that neatly :) congrats on one year, and on all your growth! :)

Thank you i bet your hair looks pretty amazing in a braid.

ZeppHead
July 21st, 2011, 05:53 AM
That is awesome. Your hair is beautiful, you got great length. I am growing my hair back after cutting to shoulder in March and would love to have that kind of growth. How often did you trim? Growing back is painful when I stare at it everyday willing it to grow! :(

pepperminttea
July 21st, 2011, 06:00 AM
Great growth, happy LHCiversary! :D I feel your pain on the yo-yo-ing length - I spent years between BSL and waist because of large trims to gradually get rid of my layers. It's frustrating to be at what feels like the same length for so long, but your ends thank you for it. :)

bunzfan
July 21st, 2011, 06:05 AM
That is awesome. Your hair is beautiful, you got great length. I am growing my hair back after cutting to shoulder in March and would love to have that kind of growth. How often did you trim? Growing back is painful when I stare at it everyday willing it to grow! :(

Thank you:D when i first joined i had one small trim every 6 months and then in December i joined the no trimming but in the end my hair was starting to look ratty. So this year i went 7 months between trims. My best tip is to oils the ends and just wear it up that stopped me from looking at it all the time.

Great growth, happy LHCiversary! :D I feel your pain on the yo-yo-ing length - I spent years between BSL and waist because of large trims to gradually get rid of my layers. It's frustrating to be at what feels like the same length for so long, but your ends thank you for it. :)

Thank you yes its so frustrating isn't it i was so close to waist about a month a go but my braids didn't look so good at least now i can just put it in a braid and not worrying about how thin the ends look. My ends are much happier:D

Ligeia_13
July 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Happy anniversary! :D

Rocket22
July 21st, 2011, 07:27 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!!! You have made excellent progress and it's only the first year!!!! :)

Sweetie
July 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
happy Anniversary!!! Your hair looks great, as for the lenght, and for the health and beauty, too!!!!

Roscata
July 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is lovely. :)

MissManda
July 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations! :flower: Your hair looks fantastic! I've always loved your updo pictures, too. I always wonder what pictures you're going to be putting up next!

pixiestar
July 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Happy anniversary:blossom:
Gorgeous hair:D

Slinks
July 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing !! I like the one with the bun on the end and the hair toys stuck in :-) on my to try list !! :cheese:

Happy anniversary :-)

Macaroni
July 21st, 2011, 03:44 PM
Your hair looks beautiful and you make your own french braid *whimpers*.

hibiscus
July 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Such neat braiding and your hair looks lovely.

BrightEyes
July 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Happy hairversary!!! Your hair looks beautiful, so thick and healthy. I'll add my voice to the others who have said your braid is so neat and lovely. :)

theodora
July 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Congrats on some awesome growth! Love the texture of your hair, it looks so lush and healthy!

CrisDee
July 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hey, it's all about happy ends! :D Your hair looks awesome, and I'm another fan of your braid! :flower:

goldenmoments
July 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Congratulations! Looks great- I hope I can be as proud a year from now.

jojo
July 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
happy hair-versity hair twin!:cake: your hair has come a long way and looks fantastic both in colour and condition :thudpile: well done :applause:applause:applause

Madora
July 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Kudos, Bunzfan! Your journey has been amazing and your lovely hair reflects your dedication towards your goal! Way to go!

ange1ito
July 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
I love when people put up their growth shots with it looking gorgeous, great motivation for us growing again ;) thank you.

bunzfan
July 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks Everyone for the lovely comments i had no idea so many liked my updo's :D i was so desperate to reach waist by my anniversary but hair in good condition was more important to me. I thought it hadn't grown that much but you obviously think so.

Fufu
July 22nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Happy Anniversary :) Beautiful... and absolutely luxurious hair

bunzfan
July 23rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Kudos, Bunzfan! Your journey has been amazing and your lovely hair reflects your dedication towards your goal! Way to go!

Thank you what a compliment:)

I love when people put up their growth shots with it looking gorgeous, great motivation for us growing again ;) thank you.

I love looking at growth pics to its so inspirational.

Happy Anniversary :) Beautiful... and absolutely luxurious hair

Thank you i have changed my routine recently so it must be working good old Pantene .

aahavaa
July 23rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Happy anniversary!! you have lovely hair.
I love those progress shots too, they really are motivating and inspiring.