PDA

View Full Version : Oily Hair

trilobite
July 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi all,
I am back! I've been busy but now I can put an actual pic of me and I have enough internet power to watch styling videos. I love my grey streak!
I have below waist length hair, It gets REALLY greasy if I don't wash it every day. I don't want to do that. What can I do?
Thanks

DoubleCrowned
July 20th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I transitioned to water only washing, and my scalp is much less oily. I used conditioner only washing for awhile first. My hair was not as oily as yours, but I had found that using non-synthetic shampoo, diluted, helped make it less oily. It seems like the harsher washing techniques simply made the scalp "panic" and send out too much "soothing" oil.

Roscata
July 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
You could try a gentler way to wash your hair either SLS-free shampoo or CO or diluting the shampoo you use now with water. And then you can try waiting longer between washes and giving your scalp time to adjust. You could also look at the The Official "Stretching Washes" Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56574) for more ideas and support. Good luck! :D

Oldfashioned
July 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Since joining, my very oily hair has transitioned to needing washed every 3 days instead of every day! I started with diluted shampoo on just my roots for a week, water only wash every other day the next week and now I do the diluted 'poo on my roots every 3 days. I also very lightly oil the ends of my hair using my BBB every night before braiding just to make it all uniform, it soaks up enough to not need to be washed out. Hope this helps.

trilobite
July 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks, I have looked and it is helpful.