PDA

View Full Version : Braid Weaves- again not what you think

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 06:38 AM
So basically all you do is make a pony tail and plait or braid it. Then weave the tapered ends back up through the plait, you can do every bump, o every few bumps- i'm betting this works better with the more taper you have. It adds interest and the illusion of much shorter and slightly thicker hair. You can leave a tassle or plait till the very end and either hide the end under the pony tail or wrap around and secure with pins. Also use a discreet method to secure the end of the plait.

This photo ought to give you an idea of what i mean: (ignore the fluro elastic i used, i was just mucking around on the day because the ends were annoying me, but the idea behind it is good)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8701/june20080616003ko5.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=june20080616003ko5.jpg)

What do you reckon?

Silver & Gold
June 25th, 2008, 07:21 AM
This is definitely an interesting idea. My hair is too short right now, but one day I will have to experiment with this.

burns_erin
June 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I used to do something like that when i had a really steep taper and did not want to have such long tassle.

Xandergrammy
June 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Now, I never would have thought of this on my own, but I sure do love the idea and the look. I'll try it in a few days and take a picture. Thanks for the idea!

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Your welcome! :)
Come to think of it you could leave a massive long tassle and wind that up the length too. there are so many variations of doing this. You could wing at each bump, each second, randomly, etc. Wrap the tassle ends aorund hte pony tail to hide the elastic, clip it under etc etc.
I did it again without a fluro elastic, but it still looks not much better.
Oh a hint, at the half point mark (leave it a bit more then half or else you run out of hair because the weaving shortens the lenght) weave the tassle in the bump it will be folded on so you don't get a loop at the bottom going on there :).

mira-chan
June 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I've done this before. I first saw it on a Sri Lankan lady and tried it out. You can actually secure the braid that way without using elastics at all. Just braid all the way to the ends and weave the braid back in the top braid at least 3 times and it holds.

FrannyG
June 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I really like that. I've got that on my to-do list for when my hair is longer. Thank you for passing that on. :)

tiny_teesha
June 26th, 2008, 07:47 AM
mirachan- that is true actually!!! haha, it MAY not work if someone has freaky slippery hair though...But it should, because the scales on the hair are opposed.

Stevy
June 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Wow, I would never have thought of that, but I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thanks!

tiny_teesha
July 14th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Your all welcome. I like to share my ideas you see, but i wasn't the first to think of it as Mira-chan stated. ;)