PDA

View Full Version : Ack! When it's too hot to oil!

Mamakash
July 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Most of the U.S. is under suffocating heat right now, so maybe you're feeling like me. It's just too hot to oil, pin up and wear for the day until I wash it out at night! I started in January with Vatika, oiling at night and waiting until next afternoon to wash out. It was fine in the winter and in the spring but it's just too hot now. Just when my coconut oils liquify on their own.:rolleyes: I was so excited to have my Dabur Amla Gold arrive in the mail, but two applications made me decide this is a much better cold weather oil, and even my beloved Vatika seems a bit too much. Or is it just me? I'm happier with a little Parachute Jasmine on the length until the 90+ degrees days subside. Do you have any stand by products when heavy oils seem too much?

By the way, I hope you're all keeping cool right now, drinking plenty of water, and playing it safe!:cool:

RitaCeleste
July 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I got crazy and invested in some Meadowfoam seed oil and its lighter. I've been using EVOO lately but it does seem a bit much if I sweat. I've tried putting my hair up some but it can be oily if its up. Its hot here but we have AC, farther north AC isn't used as much.

wvgemini
July 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I've been sticking to Nightblooming Panacea and my leave-in conditioner. I have to wear my hair up for work, so I haven't noticed anything unusual.

And yes on the extra water!

long&blonde
July 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mamakash, your routine interests me. So:you wash your hair at night..do you oil it then? Sleep with it braided or bunned? Or just sleep with it wet, in a braid or bun, then oil in morning, and re-do into an up-do? This heat has me searching for new routines too! Noticed yesterday tho;after undoing a braided bun that was hurting my head in my dentist's chair;I just fingercombed my hair without looking. On the way home it was soo hot & humid. I cringed to think what my hair must look like? Once home,I looked in the mirror;all pretty braid waves:it felt soo much worse than it looked! Felt like I had a long haired kitty on top of my head.

Mamakash
July 21st, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hi, Long&blond! I oil my hair in the evening(before wash day) and cover with a satin cap for sleeping. Then, during the day, I pin my hair up (as I do everyday for my job) and wear a pre tied bandana over it. Then, in the early evening, my hair gets washed. I've been trying to keep the oil on for a full day before washing, in hopes of maximizing the benefits. I've found that it doesn't bother me to wear coconut and other oils for a prolonged period of time. However, the heat's getting to me and my head! Gotta change my routine!