PDA

View Full Version : Curly hair + extensions?

CurlAhead
July 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I hate my hair right now, I know, I've said it like a hundred times now. But, now I am thinking of wearing extensions (clip-ons) until it grows longer. But since my hair is very curly, and has much layers.. I am afraid that it would look... well, just weird and ugly. It looks like a staircase. But is it possible to have extensions and make it look good as well? Has anyone here had extensions with curly, thick hair? Please show me pictures, or give me some advice. :confused:

QMacrocarpa
July 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I don't have experience with extensions, but I know Youtube's lilithedarkmoon does a number of style tutorials which involve curling her (naturally thin and straight) hair and her clip-in extensions. Here's one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIprpy4TTYc) So clip-in extensions and curls can mix, at least in theory. Your (thicker, curlier) mileage may vary.

If it were me, I might stick it in whatever bun works and ignore it a few months. I loved big octopus clips used as bun cages around that length, but my hair is thinner, so you might have a hard time finding one that fits.

Athena's Owl
July 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
It won't help. just bun it and forget it for a while.

dulce
July 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Hair extensions can damage your natural hair.You don't want to wear them,then once your own hair is longer,take them out only to find your long natural hair is damaged.1 agree,bun it or check out the flex 8 clips ,so pretty and works for every length.That's a safe way to grow long healthy hair.

dulce
July 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Oops,that should read flexi 8 clips,check the hair toys link.