PDA

View Full Version : Who can you trust to trim your hair?

xcrunr2go
July 20th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I might possibly need a micro-trim but I don't want to do it myself.....who can I trust to trim my delicate fine hair & why? I prefer dry cutting, as hair is more easily damaged while wet....plus when you cut it wet it tends to "shrink" & get shorter than originally intended!:D

Mesmerise
July 20th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Well I trust me to trim my hair!

But you have only 4" of length? In that case... I probably wouldn't cut my own hair, because it needs to have enough length to use Feye's method for me to do it.

What I would do is I would find a good salon (get some recommendations) and take a friend with me to get it trimmed. Be very specific about what you want (how much trimmed off) and have your friend watch like a hawk to ensure the hairdresser doesn't cut off too much!

Also, ask them to cut your hair dry if possible!

newbeginning
July 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I second asking around for recommendations and making sure that the stylist will listen to your concerns, etc.

Fairlight63
July 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I trim off a small amount (1/4 in.) every month. If I was going to cut off a lot I think that I would go to a salon & get it cut. I don't trust myself to get it straight.

sibiryachka
July 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I trust my sister, and myself. No one else.

ETA: I'd trust DBF too, but he's not willing to risk it ;)

whitestiletto
July 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I trust myself and my good friend who lives in a Dif state. Im doing no trims 2011 right now butcwill probably visit her next spring.

ElusiveMuse
July 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I trust myself and my bestie who went to beauty school. But my hair is long enough that I can trim myself.

If you don't have a stylist you can trust, do you have a particularly crafty friend? For some reason I'm thinking crafty people could cut straight and follow directions...

Yozhik
July 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
When I was younger my father used to cut my hair. Now that I've learned feye's self trim, I do it myself, with my boyfriend to oversee. :)

I would trust my mom except for her long history of always cutting herself crooked bangs. ;)

Night_Kitten
July 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I trust my mom and myself :)
But if you want someone with experience in cutting hair, try looking for a barber (not a hair stylist), they usually listen and do what you want not what they want...

mrs_coffee
July 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
If I don't do it myself my middle kid will. She's very precise and actually does a better job than I do.

Hiriel
July 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
My boyfriend trims my hair. He's a terrible perfectionist, and makes sure it's absolutely symmetric, and he knows he's not allowed to cut more than I tell him to. My mum can trim my hair quite nicely, but I'd only let her do it if I wasn't worried about losing more length than I'd prefer :p

PoliticalPilot
July 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
My sweet husband. He does it perfectly, and always cuts only as much as I ask. :-D

nobeltonya
July 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Me, myself and I.. because I trim it how much I want.. if an emergency arises, I'll let my husband trim it. But, he doesn't know how to comb it out without ripping it out.. I've been self-trimming for over a year now. I haven't had any problems, and I just keep checking for a few days to make sure it's even. If not, I touch it up. This last time, I didn't have to re-trim much. I did pretty good. :)

Latte Lady
July 20th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I get my Mother to cut my hair. She's so worried that she'll do something I don't like but she does a far better job than I do!

kidari
July 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I trust myself and nobody else. Self trimming is really only possible if your hair is beyond shoulder length or somewhere around there. Until it gets there I would really carefully find someone you can trust or just wear it up somehow everyday so you don't see the ends and you don't think about it until one day it's long enough for a self-trim.

Dina L.
July 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
With your 4"-pixie I suggest to find a good saloon or a friend who can trim. I'm sure we all have hairdressers or home-cutters among our 4-500 friends on our facebook list. :)

Sunny_side_up
July 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
My dear mum and also my other half:) Last time i did it myself it turned out slanted looking:rolleyes:

angleofdeth
July 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
I haven't trimmed in eons, but when I do I'll have my husband do it for me. I don't trust salon people anymore.

When I first asked him if he'd be willing to he kind of freaked. I think he stopped breathing for a few seconds...lol

MissManda
July 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have the most trust for myself when my hair needs to be trimmed. I've become really good at being precise with cutting specific amounts and I'm not worried about making my hemline uneven.

If i ever find a good hairdresser, I would probably trust them, but only after telling them very explicitly that I only want a specified amount to be taken off. I'll bring pictures and a measuring tape if think it is necessary.

If for some reason I am unable to trim my own hair and can't go to the hairdresser, I'd ask my DF to do it. I imagine he'd also do a good job at being precise, although actually getting him to cut my hair would be hard since the sight of my hair being cut freaks him out. :P

McFearless
July 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Go to a barber. They don't care to experiment on you as if you were a doll.