PDA

View Full Version : Shine Factor

xcrunr2go
July 20th, 2011, 05:30 AM
In the past, during my blowdrying/straightening days, I always would use those silcone-based "shine" sprays to mask the signs of damage I had just caused by blowdrying my tresses. I always tried to achieve that nice, healthy, shiny look. I loved the look of shiny hair, but who doesn't....right? Fast forward to present day: NO HEAT, NO EXCEPTIONS! It was kind of hard @ first because that's just what I was used to. Taming my flyaways with the blowdryer/straightener. I was a product junkie (Oh wait I still am!). Now, the difference is I'm actually seeing the shiny, healthy beautiful locks I deserve to have! Hard work pays off everyone! I will continue to use no heat religiously as the results are A M A Z I N G! :thumbsup:

RachieBaby
July 20th, 2011, 05:45 AM
This is really encouraging! :) I've been really tempted recently to get my straighteners out but I know my hair is so much healthier with out the heat!

Glad that no heat is working for you :)

mellie
July 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Absolutely! :cheer: It makes a huge difference!

ElusiveMuse
July 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I will chime in to agree! It is hard to get through the phase right after you give up heat and don't know what to do with your hair, but I figured out what works for my hair and now I have basically wash-and-go hair that is sleek and shiny and no heat styling is required. I think it took about six months to get over the hump. It helps if you can bun your hair on days it isn't working for you during that time.

ericthegreat
July 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Great for you! I'm glad that you were able to figure out a non-heat method of keeping your hair nice and presentable. I myself actually still get my own hair blown out and flat ironed straight especially when I'm going out somewhere nice, for me occasionally flirting with heat is worth it.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
ive been trying to go no heat forever..
but always end up using it
but no more!
yeah.. i did blowdry and straighten my hair this morning but now i washed it and didnt and i wont use it again, and again, again
its really hard to stop using

eternalknot
July 21st, 2011, 02:36 AM
I use an iron once a week. I only began using one this year when a stylist used one on me for a wedding I was in. My hair is pretty straight as it is, but I really liked the shiny, flat results from the iron.

Unfortunately, I'm now seeing the after effects of using the iron. My ends appear more damaged, and they look ... thirsty. Maybe I'll join your crusade to go iron-free, and hope that I can stop any further damage. I need to figure out how to reverse what I've already done :(