PDA

View Full Version : protective do

proo
July 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm looking for a way to protect my temple hair from breaking - I wear my hair up loosely most of the time, but those little hairs seem to take a beating either from the weight of the rest of my hair, hat friction or just their own :bounce::bounce:frizziness. Any thoughts welcome.

Madora
July 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
It is hard to know what to recommend since I don't know how long your hair is.

Generally speaking, the hair around the temples is more delicate than say, the hair at the crown, so extra care has to be given to not pull them back too severely.

You might try a loose lace crown braid (if your hair is long enough).

Also a half up might be helpful, although you do have to be careful that the unconfined hair in the half up does not become too tangled.

Sectioning your hair when creating hairstyles is also helpful in distributing the weight of your hair and makes it more comfortable to wear.

I'd avoid ponytails, if at all possible!

tiny_teesha
July 20th, 2011, 05:17 AM
are you sure that they are breaking? They are normally shorter than the rest of the hair and since they are never trimmed they have tapered ends.

proo
July 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM
My hair is apl and very thick with, how shall I say, a somewhat receding hairline look at the upper temples which is where the little curly hairs are. i don't think it is receding since it's always been that way and if it is new hair, well that's great. They seem vulnerable. I have tried lace braiding around the front, crown style and it works but it just doesn't look that great on me, kind of severe. Thank you for your comments ladies.

JuliaDancer
July 20th, 2011, 06:57 AM
All the hairs framing the very edge of my face are naturally only an inch or two long. I can tell they aren't breaking because they all have tapered new hair ends, and they are more fine than the rest of my hair. They are the reason I can only part my hair on the right or (sort of) middle. They lie (or stand/curl) in a particular pattern, and I will never get them to grow long.