PDA

View Full Version : Leave-in Conditioners...

GoldberryHair
July 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Any suggestions? I want to try "It's a Miracle 10" but they only sell it online around here..

I need something for long/dry/split ends, but not greasy or anything, but make your hair smooth, shiney, silky, healthy...

And NOT expensive, like, drugstore/Sally Beauty..are good.

:)

aliceinmadness
July 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I'd just go with an oil. You can use the food-grade stuff, or you can get a commercial product with or without silicones. I use pequi oil from couture color, but I got it for free as a sample.

GoldberryHair
July 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I'd just go with an oil. You can use the food-grade stuff, or you can get a commercial product with or without silicones. I use pequi oil from couture color, but I got it for free as a sample.

Oils weigh my hair down, I usually try to go with a spray bottle kind.

Hotrox
July 19th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I just take my normal conditioner, put a dime sized amount in my hands and add a few drops of water, mix together and put that through my hair. Leave-ins are basically diluted conditioner anyway, no need to pay extra for a separate product!

McFearless
July 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I use Live Clean's Fresh Water leave-in. Its very moisturizing and makes my hair soft.

jujube
July 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
It depends if your hair likes cones or not? Oils are great for the cone-free, but those who like cones sometimes go for coney serums. A watered-down version of your regular conditioner, cone or no cone, usually works too.

vanillabones
July 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I love oils AND It's a 10 leave-in. I use coconut oil / jojoba oil and it's a 10 leave in detangler, I couldn't do without either right now. It's full of cones and keeps my damaged ends from splitting quicker and they are dry and need it. I even spray it on my roots sometimes when damp and it doesn't weigh down or make it greasy at all and my hair is baby fine and thin. :) I hope that helps... but if you really don't want to get it people here say the v05 detangler works well I've just never seen it in a store.

GoldberryHair
July 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I love oils AND It's a 10 leave-in. I use coconut oil / jojoba oil and it's a 10 leave in detangler, I couldn't do without either right now. It's full of cones and keeps my damaged ends from splitting quicker and they are dry and need it. I even spray it on my roots sometimes when damp and it doesn't weigh down or make it greasy at all and my hair is baby fine and thin. :) I hope that helps... but if you really don't want to get it people here say the v05 detangler works well I've just never seen it in a store.

I want to try It's a 10 but I can't find them in stores here and I don't want to order it onlinee :(

GoldberryHair
July 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I use Live Clean's Fresh Water leave-in. Its very moisturizing and makes my hair soft.

Where do you get this?

suzycue
July 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Any suggestions? I want to try "It's a Miracle 10" but they only sell it online around here..

I need something for long/dry/split ends, but not greasy or anything, but make your hair smooth, shiney, silky, healthy...

And NOT expensive, like, drugstore/Sally Beauty..are good.

:)
I shampoo and condition in the shower, but I add leave in for the top and ends after I towel dry. I use Aussie Sun-Touched Shine. After I dry my hair (yes- with a hair fryer) - IF I am going out somewhere - I will also use Marc Anthonys' Moisture Gloss OR John Friedas' Shine Shock to add polish to areas of "concern" just to tame and add brilliant shine and dimension!

Ann Marie
July 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
California Baby makes an excellent detangler...

It is a spray...has water/coconut oil/some other oils and essential oils...I love it! It is light...no cones...it took me a while to find a "light" detangler/leave in without cones...:cheese:Smells wonderful! I added a bit more essential oils and it's heaven...

California baby Detangler....:heartbeat :)

For the heavies...I crack out the big guns...my evoo or coconut oil! (Vatika oil)

I have some mild damage on my ends...My hair is Bra strap length...(keep trimming it) :(

I use henna....fine and a bit wavy...(the hair) not the henna!:D

GourmetChica
July 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I love love It's a 10. It's expensive though. They do sell it in most grocery stores, by the salon products. I also love the Aveeno Nourish leave in, or Aquage healing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm as leave ins. I use the leave in first, and follow with a small amount of coney serum.

Mairéad
July 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
If you're looking for a cone less one Giovanni's Direct Leave in has always been a good one for me. It's about 5 bucks for a whole shampoo-sized bottle.

McFearless
July 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Where do you get this?

I'm not sure where you live, but here in Canada I find it at drugstores, Wal mart, and Rexall.

AceOfCurls
July 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
My favorite leave-in conditioner is Alba Botanica. My hair is about 3b and loves it.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM
maccadamia nourishing leave in cream its has maccadamia and argan oil its amazing

Magicknthenight
July 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
If you're looking for a cone less one Giovanni's Direct Leave in has always been a good one for me. It's about 5 bucks for a whole shampoo-sized bottle.

I was going to mention this too :D. I usually use oils or recently Nightblooming's panacea/summer panacea or triple moon oil. I did order a sample off vitamin life for a dollar...it was super cheap because I was ordering AO conditioners as well and it was combined shipping. I saw a whole bottle in Walmart for around 8 dollars. It would last forever. The little bottle did for my nearly classic hair. It doesn't have any silicone in it but its a really good detangler and gave my hair lots of slip at times when I had no patience.
Here are some reviews of the product, the ingredients, and how it looks

http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/63/cat/4

I don't have any at the moment but I'm sure I'll get more in the future. I usually would add a little oil after it. Of course by a little I mean a bit because I feel weird with my length not oiled..haha. Oh well check it out its a pretty great product. Walmart has a natural section now that is selling things like Kiss my face..etc...