PDA

View Full Version : Before I get TOO excited...

ennuideluxe
July 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Whoa whoa whoa y'all. I just measured my hair for the fun of it, and it appears that I have grown 1/2" in two weeks.

I don't want to get myself too excited, but this is twice as fast as I thought it was growing. Now, before I go skipping into the distance with my now seventeen POINT FIVE inch hair, could someone please tell me if this is possible or if I just measured wrong??

Madora
July 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
How did you measure the length?

Did you measure from the front (center) of the forehead down the center and down the back of the head to the end of the hair? That is the way most long hairs measure growth.

Some ladies also purchase blouses with horizontal stripes on them, then take a photo per month and judge the hair's length by how it hits the stripes.

In any event, congratulations on your growth. Always a good feeling!

Slinks
July 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
congrats if was a growth spurt :-)

Roseate
July 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Totally possible! Plenty of folks here with a 1" per month growth rate. (Not me!)

Also totally possible that you're a little off measuring. 1/4" is small, heads are irregularly shaped, hair shifts... I found measuring gave me a general idea of growth rate over time but I never put too much stock in individual measurements. After you've been measuring regularly for a few months you'll know better what your growth rate really is.

Growth is good, though, and you know you got some! Enjoy!

SallyCinnamon
July 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
When my hair was that length, I found it was easier to tell how much it grew by taking pics of the back of my head. I have a band t-shirt with a list of tour dates on the back, so it was easy to see growth. I took them once a month. I have wavy hair, and always found the measuring method terribly inaccurate. Of course I was probably doing it wrong! Either way, I was much happier with the picture method!

KLin
July 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yea for the growth spurt. :magic:

My hair stalls more in the winter, I am averaging 1/2 a month.

jojo
July 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I got this in april, enjoy its great when it happens!

ennuideluxe
July 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks so much for your responses. Im sure it is a combination of slight measuring differences as well as actual growth.

I have no idea how fast my hair grows, tbh. I'm still that new. :)

The idea about the striped shirt + photos is a great one. Ill have to look through my drawers to see what kind of stripes I can dig up!

Joliebaby
July 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Congrats on the fast growth!!
I just got a half inch in two weeks as well, it's totally possible. Measuring shorter hair (mine's 17,5" too!) feels even more accurate than measuring my 30" hair.. So I'm pretty sure I really got a half an inch. (Which I should, with everything I'm doing to speed up my growth!! :D )

Mrspuddinhead
July 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I've already grown my 1/2" this month. I will measure again on the 29th, which is the normal day I measure. I managed to grow 1" in June. I'm hoping for the same in July. Could a change of shampoo and conditioner cause such growth?? I've also stopped coloring and or bleaching as well as not using heating elements.