PDA

View Full Version : dandruff? ? o_o

Zhennni(:
July 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
okayyy so i found these tiny white particles in my hair, but I don't think is dandruff because isn't dandruff those irregular shaped flakes? My is just very small round particles O_o. I wash my hair every two days and my head does get a little bit greasy, would washing more often help? Ive also tried exfoliating my scalp, and it didnt really help. So are the white particles dandruff? how can i treat it ? :O

Roscata
July 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
You know I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago but it all cleared up after I clarified while giving my scalp a good massage. Have you tried clarifying? :D

Zesty
July 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Are you sure they're bits of dead skin, or could they be lint or product? If you're sure they're flakes, then: you can have scalp flakes without it being dandruff in the fungal infection sense. If they're not semi-big, scaly, greasy flakes, then they're probably not from dandruff. They may be flakes from a dry scalp. If that's the case, then washing more or using a dandruff shampoo would only make it worse, and it would be better to use a gentle or moisturizing wash method. I personally have small, dry, white flakes from dry skin. I haven't personally tried to keep them from showing up because it's not that noticeable.They show up more a few days after washing, so washing every other day (CO method for me) keeps them under control well. Good luck. :)

Zhennni(:
July 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I do clarify with a sls shampoo once in a while, and it doesnt really solve the problem :o dry scalp? but I feel like i have pretty oily scalp, even my hair dresser said I had oily scalp. Well thanks, I will try to co wash more often and see if that helps :)

McFearless
July 19th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Do you apply products to your roots? It could be build up on your scalp. Next time you're in the shower gently run your nails along your scalp and see if you pick up any white gunk. If you do, its build up.

chenille
July 20th, 2011, 08:04 PM
If they are small round particles...do they feel almost like grains of sand? But not that hard, more like a tiny bit of wax? It might be sebum, instead of dandruff. I get the little "sandy" bits and I have oily hair/scalp. I don't have any great suggestions for fixing it...I only notice mine when I scratch my scalp, so I'm sort of used to it.