PDA

View Full Version : Funny how hair can trigger emotions.

Hypnotica
June 25th, 2008, 01:37 AM
This is the first day in about a year I have my hair down outside my home.

And I feel super-vulnerable and very consious. :cry:
Most because I' still thinking that 1a/1b/ii- hair is too thin and stringy looking and I feel like it tangles like heck as soon as I move.

Gah!

Can ayone relate?

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:40 AM
YES, especially to the "too thin and stringy to wear down" concerns.

You have to think of it this way. 50% of us get told all our lives that our hair is too thin to grow long. The other 50% seem to get told that their hair is too thick to grow long and that it will look "bushy".

So, come on. :D There will always be somebody who has something to say about your hair, or about other parts of you. So what? Let them say it. :D You and I both know that your hair is GORGEOUS...and certainly "thick enough" to wear down! Down to your ankles, even.

Gorgeous head of hair, there...and yes...can totally relate to your feelings.

Nat242
June 25th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Nope! Our hair-types are almost identical (I'm really an iii but only just), and although I know my hair might get knotty when I wear it down, there is no way that ii/iii is going to look thin and stringy.

You're lovely, Hypnotica, but you're silly :bigtongue:

Seriously though, I'm sure your hair looked gorgeous. I do feel a bit self-conscious when I wear my hair down, because of knots and because it makes me look so different, but I enjoy it, too.

-- Natalie

Phalaenopsis
June 25th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Well said Glennagirl!
I have that feeling too, feeling vulnerable. And I just have to go outside and my hair is completely tangled if it's loose.

You have beautiful hair and a lot of it. I bet it looked wonderful when it was down

toodramatik
June 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Aw. Hug. I think your hair is beautiful and there's so many people who'd die to have 1a/b hair and and COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS WOMAN!!

Even though I don't feel stringy or thin, I have some issues of my own. I have "too short-too much volume-too much layers-not dark enough to match my eyebrows-every other girl in my family has longer hair and some of the boys too" feelings.

Hypnotica
June 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
It feels better now, thank you all! Sometimes you need someone to give you that nudge to snap out of it!

willowcandra
June 25th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Since most of my hair is only a third of the width it was I get too many tangles to wear loose and it looks nasty after the first 30 seconds. The shedding is slowing now so I am looking forward to being able to wear it down again some day. Thankfully growing out is so much quicker than growing length.

But I also know when it's loose I get stared at alot and it makes me a bit shy.

Hypnotica
June 25th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I think I have cracked this nut!

Half-up = BAD BAD BAD!

All down = Looks nice!

eadwine
June 25th, 2008, 11:46 AM
When I see someone with long hair, I think NICCCEEE!!

It doesn't even cross my mind to think "stringy". Heck, I don't think that far. And I am a hair person..so.

Wear it down, you look gorgeous :)

eresh
June 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
You hair looks really good!
Don't stop wearing it down :-)