PDA

View Full Version : My hair soaked up 1/2 cup of oil!

Kristamommyx3
July 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Well, close to that, anyway!

I've been experimenting with some protein treatments over the last month, and decided that my hair looked a little "off" for the last few days. Not dry really, just limp and slightly frizzy in some areas. I do not frizz. Ever. It will lay like seaweed on a log, but not frizz. Lol. So I decide to do my trusty oil and honey treatment that has become a regular favorite treat for my hair.

2Tbs honey
2Tbs olive oil
1Tbs organic pure coconut butter (oil)
I warm it up and then take it into the shower with me. I wet my hair, squeeze it out some, and then dip my length into the low wide cup up to my ears. Well, when I went about this today, my hair soaked up every last drop! I rinsed it washed it with my Argan oil shampoo as usual, did a final cool rinse, and my hair is in no way oily or weighed down! Huh. It never gets that way from this treatment, but I thought maybe today it would, seeing it "ate" it all up in seconds! Nope, it's acting very well behaved! I guess this goes to show that we can have thirsty hair and not have a clue. :p

Mairéad
July 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
My hair isn't even to my chin yet and it gladly soaks up whatever amount of oil I put on it. For day to day I only put a little in, but when I do a treatment and get loads of coconut oil from scalp to tip, it still soaks in completely within hours. My hair is on the dry side but ever since changing my routine to CO it hasn't had major dryness or damage so its willingness to soak up that much oil kind of baffles me.

Perhaps your hair really needed the moisture after the protein treatment. Protein can be drying.

Kristamommyx3
July 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
My hair isn't even to my chin yet and it gladly soaks up whatever amount of oil I put on it. For day to day I only put a little in, but when I do a treatment and get loads of coconut oil from scalp to tip, it still soaks in completely within hours. My hair is on the dry side but ever since changing my routine to CO it hasn't had major dryness or damage so its willingness to soak up that much oil kind of baffles me.

Perhaps your hair really needed the moisture after the protein treatment. Protein can be drying.

My thoughts exactly!!

JuliaDancer
July 19th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I'll have to try that. I have all those ingredients! How hot do you make it before you put it on your hair?

Kristamommyx3
July 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Well, pretty good and warm, but not hot hot...we don't want to deep fat fry our hair, just open the cuticle. Lol. I hope your hair likes it as much as mine does! :D

Ermine
July 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Wow! I'll have to try that. I'm usually afraid of doing deep treatments like this because I've yet to find one that won't make my hair limp. But I can totally see this working, since you have almost the same hair type as me.

Kristamommyx3
July 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have always had to fight really limp lame hair!!!! I have seen a dramatic change in my hair since I switched over to the Organix line of shampoos. I've been using them for about three years, so it's not a fluke. Since I've discovered this lovely oil treatment, my hair has been happier than ever! I hope it works as well for your hair!