PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow. I got more hair!

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM
That's not a grammatical misprint...I didn't mean "I have" more hair...I mean I got some more, from God knows where, but I'll take it.

The last time I measured my ponytail circumference was, I don't know, maybe a couple of years ago? I don't know why I decided to measure again, but holding the tape tightly, it's 3" now, wheras it used to be 2.25".

I measured it twice just to be sure.

I always thought I was "barely" an ii but apparently I'm solidly in the middle of it.

I am very excited.

Nat242
June 25th, 2008, 01:38 AM
That's exciting! Congratulations! Unexpected hair is always fun :cheese:

-- Natalie

Angellen
June 25th, 2008, 01:40 AM
What a lovely surprise! Congrats! That's very happy. :flower:

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Thanks, Nat and Angellin. :)

Niphredil
June 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Maybe with all the LHC pampering, the baby-hairs have joined the rest?
Anyway, congrats on the increased circumference :cheer:

Carina
June 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM
:joy:Lucky you:joy:.I hope that I can get that same surprise some day.Congrats:cake:

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Carina, yes, I wish it on all of us. :)

Niphredil, the only thing I can think is that I don't chemically color it any more and all the chemical colorant is gone/cut out by now (years later), and that I may have measured too soon after my littlest son was born, when I had had my shed.

jel
June 25th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Also, henna really strengthens the hair shaft - mine have gone from F to M, bringing the ponytail thickness with them!

Congrats! :flowers:

Kuchen
June 25th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ha ha! I love you for the title. Congrats!

Saranne772
June 25th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Woo!! Thats great :D Maybe in another couple of years you will reach iii! :)

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I know your game... you's been stealing LHCers hair, havn't you?! That's why my hair feels so much thinner. THEIF! ;)

busnutmedic
June 25th, 2008, 04:40 AM
YAY!!! That is great :D Happy continuing to grow :D

Bonnie

Alley Cat
June 25th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Congratulations that's great. :cheese:

FrannyG
June 25th, 2008, 05:26 AM
GlennaGirl, what wonderful news! That's a really good thickness you've got going there. Yahoooooo! :happydance:

Chrissy
June 25th, 2008, 05:32 AM
What a nice surprise!! Your hair looks amazing! Congrats!

MemSahib
June 25th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Excellent, Glenna! That's terrific.

Lamb
June 25th, 2008, 06:22 AM
That's awesome! :cheese:Hair can really thicken up overnight, mine does this trick sometimes. A very happy feeling indeed!

Katze
June 25th, 2008, 06:30 AM
nice! This happened to me too; I always thought I was thin-haired, and I'm not.

probably that nice new growth... :cheese:

jojo
June 25th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I know your game... you's been stealing LHCers hair, havn't you?! That's why my hair feels so much thinner. THEIF! ;) PPPSSSSStttt...I think she has, my hair is 1/2" thinner lately seems a bit of a coincidence to me, first you and now me. Theres going to be no thickness left at this rate!

shes longer than me so I will leave you to confront her!!

Good Luck and not a word to anyone:D

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks!!!

LOL...I promise there has been no hair stealing going on around here. Because trust me, if it were possible, I'd probably have already done it.

SweetPea88
June 25th, 2008, 08:56 PM
That's great! :D

julya
June 25th, 2008, 09:09 PM
PPPSSSSStttt...I think she has, my hair is 1/2" thinner lately seems a bit of a coincidence to me, first you and now me. Theres going to be no thickness left at this rate!

shes longer than me so I will leave you to confront her!!

Good Luck and not a word to anyone:D

Yeah, some of mine is missing too. I was wondering where it went.

But seriously, that is a big increase in thickness. Congrats!

Curlsgirl
June 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Wow! That is a great difference! Aren't you glad you decided to measure again?:cheese: Hmmmm, maybe I'll measure my length again!!! :cheese: Your hair is lovely by the way!!!

DavidN
June 26th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I am so happy for you, GlennaGirl, that is an amazing increase in thickness!:cheer: Perhaps, in the future, you will even reach a iii in thickness!

Garnet66
June 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Congrats on your newfound thickness. And your length looks beautiful.

Sana
June 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Congrats Glennagirl! It's probably some new hair growth as well as breakages growing back! Either way, I am sure you aren't complaining! Enjoy your new thick hair!

bettertress
June 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulations! And I think stopping your chemical dyes did have something to do with it. For ages, I dyed my hair becasue it was thin and all the stylists told me it would look thicker with color (I also wanted to cover gray). But since I stopped dying, my hair has gotten so much thicker- I have more growing in, but also the hair shaft itself is thicker- and stronger and healthier and shinier. I think if you have fine hair to begin with, chemical color can shrink it.

I'm sad that I'll have to do another color to get rid of a too-red henndigo adventure. But once that's done, I'm staying away from box dye. Wish I looked good in red hair.

lora410
June 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
wooohoo. I really need to measure mine one of these days :lol:

levelek
June 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Yay for you! :cheer: And I love the colour of your hair; your length looks happy and healthy!

GlennaGirl
June 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks, everybody! :cheese:

And what's that I heard? A possible iii in the future??? From your lips to God's ears!

nissamholtz
June 26th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Well done. Its also a great surprise seeing growth.

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Thats great.