PDA

View Full Version : SLS shampoo after chemical dye ? if so, which one ?

jaquelines
July 19th, 2011, 09:28 AM
i have posted this thread 2 days ago but no answer yet and since i have to dye my roots in 2 days, i will repost it and add something to it.

i will dye my roots at a professional saloon but since i am cone and sls free i wanted to know if when the hair is beeing washed , after the dye process, does it have to be a SLS shampoo ? to remove all the peroxide and residues from the hair out ? or could i bring my own sls- and conefree clarifying shampoo and conditioner for them to use instead of their own products ?
if i do need a sls shampoo, which one ? i have garnier fructis without cones, and without parabene, :
http://www.pinkmelon.de/test/hair/waschen/shampoo-2/garnier-fructis-kraftigendes-glanz-shampoo-purer-glanz.html

ingredients . Aqua, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Niacinamide, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Malpighia Punicifolia, Acerola Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Benzoic Acid, Linalool, Caprylic/Capric Triclyceride, Pyrus Malus Extract, Apple Fruit Extract, Pyridoxine HCI, Citric Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum, FIL C4454/1

and herbal essences clarifying shampoo , in which case i don´t know if it contains cones ( Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone ? ) :

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfate, Cocamide MEA, Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxycitronella, Sodium Diethylenetriamine, Phosphate, Etironic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butyphenyl, Methylpropional, Ananas Sativus Fruit Extract, Gossypium Herbaceum, CI 47005, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 42090, Potassium Sorbate

Siiri
July 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
You could try asking your hair dresser if you can use them? I don't think cones are necessary, but I don't know about sulfates..

ETA: Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone are preservatives, not silicones.

jaquelines
July 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM
i doubt cones are necessary, i am more concerned that i have to use a SLS poo and some of them , probably especially in the saloons have cones. i wanted to wash the hair without a SLS poo, but peroxide residues could be quite strong to be removed without SLS.

jaquelines
July 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
anyone else maybe around ?

jaquelines
July 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
i´ll give another try..

LunaMoon
July 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I use chemical dye and never used SLS shampoo after. You need to wait at least 24 hours after coloring to wash your hair otherwise the color will fade fast. What I know is they use a kind of neutralizer conditioner to keep the color and stop the peroxides. These ones normally are full of cones. You can ask to not put cones in your hair I guess. I never saw people having hair shampoo washed in a saloon after a dye work. At least not in the places that I live/lived.

LunaMoon
July 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry now I noticed that both of your shampoos are with SLS. I never use SLS in my colored hair. I wait to use a diluted SLeS after at least 1 week. Before this, I am COing, btw.
Don't your the clarifying shampoo on your hair if you are not noticing a very bad build up!

LunaMoon
July 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry now I noticed that both of your shampoos are with SLS. I never use SLS in my colored hair. I wait to use a diluted SLeS after at least 1 week. Before this, I am COing, btw.
Don't the clarifying shampoo on your dyed hair if you are not noticing a very bad build up! Will strip out the color!

jaquelines
July 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
merci luna, c´est bien de savoir que´il y a quleq ´un qui aussi n´utilise pas le SLS aprés la coloration.
now back to english. no build up. no cones, i do almost only CO-washing and i clarify..i should be on the good side. they always shampoo my hair in germany after coloration. and than , yes, they also apply something to keep the color with cones, but i will not use it. i don´t care if it fades, i intend to do anyway henna in a couple of weeks. i am just freaked out about the peroxide not leaving my hair if i don´t sls.