PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just want to grow to BSL at the most?

LuXious
July 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I like to admire other people's super-long hair, but it's not for me. I like my own just medium-longish. I think I'll be satisfied when I'm between APL and BSL. LHC is excellent for learning about having the thickest, shiniest, happy-and-healthiest hair you can, even if not the longest, and wonderful for helping me not give up on growing it out. Anyone else here wanting to grow out beautiful, healthy hair, but not very very long hair?

whitestiletto
July 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
At the moment, I look forward to BSL/Midback hair, maybe waist at the very longest. I like to be able to throw it in a casual bun or ponytail, and I like to pull it forward and have it hang over my chest without being too long, so yeah, I hear ya.

Raiscake
July 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
My ultimate goal is tailbone, but I'm planning to stay at BSL for a while to thicken up my hemline and get some more thickness overall. Thick and healthy is more important to me than long.

kme81
July 18th, 2011, 10:29 PM
My goal is to make it to classic (just to have been there and to see if I like it), then probably cut back up to the tailbone/hip area. I just wasn't satisfied with BSL. :) I do admire the fact that BSL can be worn down with much more ease than longer hair!

kidari
July 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I can relate, in general I like having layered hair between APL and BSL. I always thought I looked best in APL hair and I really like having shoulder length as well. When I was growing out my really short hair all I asked for was APL hair and I would be happy as a clam. The plan was to maintain there forever lol. Then all of a sudden I made a new friend last year who had super gorgeous hip length hair and then I decided to grow to BSL. Now I'm at BSL and my new goal is waist... so yeah. I don't know lol.

vanillabones
July 18th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I'm just excited to get mine to shoulder length, virgin, with a blunt hemline. That would be a dream and my ultimate goal which just seems unreachable and as if it will never happen since my hair just loves to be ugly. If I can ever achieve that then I'd just let it grow to hip/BCL and trim maybe just once a year. Oh I would be happy :)
Pretty hair over long hair though... even if my hair grows incredibly slow and I've gained no length at all from last summer since that's when I started to abuse it.

Clytemnestra
July 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'm growing my just reached summer goal length of APL to BSL, or maybe waist at the longest because I still like to do vintage wet sets/styles with my curlers/pin curls when I wear it down. Any longer and the curl just stretches into nothing.

Plus I'm not the greatest at intricate bunnery, so that's a good length for me just to gather it up and smoosh it together with my amish pins.

Mesmerise
July 18th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Well my goal is hip which I think is pretty long, but it's certainly not as long as many LHC'ers goals. I actually started out with a waist goal, but changed it to hip when I decided waist wasn't really all that long :o.

Molls
July 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
BSL is perfect for me. I can't see myself growing it out much longer than that...

LuXious
July 18th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I love all these responses. Only here would someone say that waist-length hair is "not all that long". ; ) Maybe when I get to BSL, it won't be enough, either. Who knows?

UltraBella
July 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I am not growing my hair, I just cut it to BSL from TBL. I like it much better this way.

Justy
July 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I just reached my mini-goal of shoulder length, it was chin-length in October. I have dreams of reaching BSL but right now that seems far far away. For now I am just happy that I can put my hair up in an elastic (safe of course) assisted bun and have it stay up with a fork or hair stick. That is what I missed most with short hair, the option to put it up into different styles if I wanted.

When I finally get to BSL I will have to decide if it is long enough or not. With my fine hair it might be long enough to do all the fun styles I see on here; so I may not feel the need to grow it longer. I have never had hair longer than APL, so I am looking forward to seeing what longer feels like. For now BSL is as far as I am willing to look. :)

Joliebaby
July 19th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure. I think full waist-hip might be as long as I want it. It's so thick it's quite a handful and updo's get very heavy. But on the other hand, I couldn't do any updo's at waist.. So for that I would need lots more length, like classic. But I like to wear my hair down a lot so I might stick with waist-hip. It's long enough to feel long and look really long to most people, but still manageable worn down... I know that BSL -MBL just doesn't feel so long. But this time I won't have layers so it might feel longer, who knows.

But my first goal is shoulder length this fall! :D

Toadstool
July 19th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I don't know yet. The longest I have ever had it (about twice in my life) is APL. BSL would be superlong for me, so I think I would be thrilled if I managed to leave it alone long enough to get to that length!

PolarCathy
July 19th, 2011, 01:14 AM
The longest I have had was tailbone as a kid, what would that be now.. I was always quite tall. I don't know. Now, I am seriously considering just cutting back to collarbone or even shave it (no I am not kidding), I am getting tired of it, not mentioning the everyday annoyances I have now. That I sleep on it, or that when I am making love :) and I am in the wrong posture it hurts! Maybe I will open an absurd thread about long hair and making love because I really want to know how the longhairs deal with their hair then :) Man I am fed up with "long" hair and I mean APL+ only. I think it's just not for me.

Cania
July 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I thought that BSL would be perfect for me, but now that I'm there I'm considering going for waist and seeing how it looks!

Viechen
July 19th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I am growing mine to waist just so I can say "I had waist length hair once" and then I will probably try to maintain it somewhere around midback with some layers to add some spice... I love wearing my hair down (I know its bad... sorry, I cant resist :p) and anything longer than that would just not work for me. I also find that around that length allows for the most variety of hairstyles (IMHO). Plus the fact that I am relatively lazy when it comes to LHC standards so anything longer would just take too much effort and upkeep for me :p

erialc
July 19th, 2011, 05:24 AM
My goal isn't super long hair. I mostly want healthy and shiny hair and if I can grow it to waist and keep it as healthy then that's awesome, but it's not the end of the world if I don't succeed keeping it that long.

AlexiaBlue
July 19th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I would be very happy to have nice, healthy hair at BSL! Once I get there, I'll probably let it go to waist, but that's it. Ultra-long hair doesn't work for my every day life, so I'd be more than happy with great BSL hair! :)

Now, if it would only hurry up & get there! :) I'm at that awkward length between shoulder and APL... Ugh.

alyanna
July 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
My original goal was BSL. I think it's an achievable goal for me. I think I can maintain fairly healthy hair and a decent hemline at that length.

I changed my goal to waist because it's fun to imagine having healthy waist-length hair. That would be WOW for me, since my hair is quite fragile and thin. I'd like to get there but I'm also not sure how practical it would be.

KatiSasha
July 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM
My hair grows pretty fast (as far as roots go), so my goal is to get to BSL, so that I could do more buns. Once I get there - I will be gradually trimming off about 9 inches of severe damage. Once it's all healthy and virgin at BSL I'll decide if I want to go any longer :)

jujube
July 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
My short-term goal is to hit APL, and then I have no idea where I'm planning to grow. I dream of a V hemline with the tip at BCL and the shortest parts at hip. But I know I'm going to hang out at around APL-BSL to trim some damage off. I like BSL.

elbow chic
July 19th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Keep reminding yourself that. lol.

I really thought BSL would be plenty for my tastes. Then I hit it. Now I want more: "if some is good, more is BETTER!"

nazzooyzo
July 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm still not 100% sure of my goal. Just depends what i think suits me. I may stop at apl or may go for waist...

Lishamatish
July 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Keep reminding yourself that. lol.

I really thought BSL would be plenty for my tastes. Then I hit it. Now I want more: "if some is good, more is BETTER!"

Well once you get used to your length then it doesn't seem 'long' any more and you need just a little bit more! Hehe, it is a total addiction!

LittleOrca
July 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Well once you get used to your length then it doesn't seem 'long' any more and you need just a little bit more! Hehe, it is a total addiction!

I hear that. My TBL hair feels as short as a bob to me sometimes.

MissHair
July 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM
My pipedream is to one day have knee lenght, ankle lenght hair.. will probaby not happen in this lifetime and if I ever did have that long I would probably enjoy it for a while but later on decide on waist-tailbone. At the moment my dream is definitely tailbone.

There's something about floor-lenght that puts me off.. no offence to anyone that has floor lenght but Ive seen those asian girls on photos and videos dragging their hair on the ground and it somehow loses it charm.

SallyCinnamon
July 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I started growing at shoulder length and just reached just-past-BSL/mid-back. I really like the length it is now. I want it to reach waist at least once in my life, and that's my goal for now, but once I reach that, I can see trimming back to BSL and letting it grow to waist again. It's not that I'm undecided, I just like change. Maintaining at a certain length doesn't really appeal to me.

CathyEarnshaw
July 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yep, that's my goal.....BSL. It's all I could handle. This is my first time with long hair ever. I love seeing others with very long hair but I know it's not for me.

Miss Maisie
July 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Me! My goal right now is APL, but I can see myself changing that to BSL in the future.

elbow chic
July 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM

LHC oughta come with a warning label. :D

"Hey, I can stop anytime!"

LuXious
July 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I am not growing my hair, I just cut it to BSL from TBL. I like it much better this way.
I saw your big chop pics when you did it. It looks fantastic.

ange1ito
July 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I would love to have waist length hair again but I'm keeping it around shoulders to grow in some thickness after a crazy shed combined with thinning and short layers...hmmm never again!

chahuahuas
July 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I actually started out with a waist goal, but changed it to hip when I decided waist wasn't really all that long :o.

Me too! I changed to hip because it seemed a more impressive length. Plus, I realized I'm already nearly at hip when my hair is wet... Darn my curls for the shrinkage!

LuXious
July 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I don't know yet. The longest I have ever had it (about twice in my life) is APL. BSL would be superlong for me, so I think I would be thrilled if I managed to leave it alone long enough to get to that length!

BSL is the longest mine has been since my first boy cut in the sixth grade, so twenty-one years, and I only got there for a short while in 2008, thanks to the lovely folks here.

[QUOTE=PolarCathy;1695918]The longest I have had was tailbone as a kid, what would that be now.. I was always quite tall. I don't know.
Tailbone is the longest mine has ever been, too. Age 6. It got shorter and shorter until age 11.

GoddessLocks
July 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
My goal is to get my hair back to waist or hip. Im on my way to APL right now, It would be really nice to be at BSL by Christmas, but who knows if that will happen. I can dream right? lol

Naturel
July 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Not me! I want long hair, long hair, long hair :hollie: Intresting to see different goals here.

racrane
July 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I understand. I am planning on staying at BSL for quite a while to thicken up my hair, and get rid of all my highlights. I do want to eventually go on to hip but I'd rather get my hair virgin and happy first.

BrightEyes
July 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I've never even had APL, so BSL is ultra long for me:D.

Once I get to BSL I may decide to grow a few inches longer. But I don't think I'll ever grow longer than BSL-MBL.

On the other hand, I've read enough posts here on the LHC to know that once I reach my goal, I may keep growing...and growing....and growing.......

Lianna
July 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I love all these responses. Only here would someone say that waist-length hair is "not all that long". ; ) Maybe when I get to BSL, it won't be enough, either. Who knows?

Yep, but also there's A LOT of people who have a goal of waist. I'd be happy with full APL, but sometimes a V tbl cut seems dreamy. I guess I'll know what I really want when it happens.

moralita
July 20th, 2011, 09:44 PM
For the moment I'm aiming for full, healthy looking BSL hair before thinking about growing it any longer. But I'm currently just past shoulder length, with my longest layer being an inch or so beneath my collar bones, and my hair doesn't grow particularly fast, so... I suppose I have a while to think during the process! :)

Bonkers57
July 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM
**Raises hand** BSL is my goal, too! I've NEVER had it that long in my life (a little past APL is the longest it's ever been.) I guesstimate that it will take me another year to get to BSL. I think that will be enough, but by then, who knows? I'll take the day as it comes... :D

Sunny_side_up
July 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Im thinking BSL, then when i'm there we shall see, and as long as its healthy maybe a teeny bit longer, not sure if i'll go for layers agin:D I'm not really an updo person, so can imagine it being down when i can grab the opportunity(at work has to be up) but around the region of my bra area is my desired length:)