PDA

View Full Version : Disney movie coming in 2012 called "Brave" long hair!

Olivia23
July 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 the other day and during the previews they showed a very short clip of a new Disney movie called Brave. It's a cartoon and it shows a girl with gorgeous curly, long red hair! I cannot wait till 2012 for it to come out now! Here is the IMDB link to preview the short clip, and here are some photos of it!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217209/

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/wnddyer/Hair/e78c7511.jpg
and here is a close up picture of the main character
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/wnddyer/Hair/6f9ad0b2.jpg

QueenJoey
July 18th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Oh my goodness, you have the same hair! Very nice. What's the movie about?

Olivia23
July 18th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oh my goodness, you have the same hair! Very nice. What's the movie about?

From IMDB it says, "Set in Scotland in a rugged and mythical time, "Brave" features Merida, an aspiring archer and impetuous daughter of royalty. Merida makes a reckless choice that unleashes unintended peril and forces her to spring into action to set things right."

QueenJoey
July 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
oooh, sounds intense!

Oh, silly me, I didn't notice you had added a link to the preview.

ArienEllariel
July 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Oooh! I have another movie to look forward to I see.. :)

Wavelength
July 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM
You missed the most important point...

It's a PIXAR film. :D

PrincessBob
July 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Yay! Female lead with a penchant for warrior awesomeness.

October
July 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Oh, her hair is so pretty. :D I'll definitely be looking foward to watching this movie.

Slinks
July 18th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I'm an animated movie freak !! thanks for the heads up on this ..

chahuahuas
July 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I think it looks like Gru's hair :D

Btw- I saw it the other day, and I think I was directed from LHC, so someone may have already linked to this somewhere else on LHC.

Isala
July 18th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this! I am very excited now :D

TheMechaGinger
July 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
That is AWESOME

sarahramen
July 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
ooooo! i HAVE to see this, squirms with anticipation. such pretty hair, and archery! (which of course make it that much cooler):cheese:

Lollipop
July 20th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Wow, seeing her hair and then your siggy is incredible! It looks so alike (and awesome :D)! I was also reminded of GRU, specifically her avatar (which is really awesome), although if I remember her hair is more strawberry blonde in her album.

But I digress-This looks awesome! And it's nice to see a heroine with curly, red hair!

Signe
July 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM
Yay Scotland! And yay for gingers in lead roles! More more more!

SC
July 21st, 2011, 01:58 AM
Lovely movie character! I'm so looking forward to this, though I think that her hair will get all the attention from me, movie just a little bit ~

Dina L.
July 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
Oh, and she's doing archery, I love it! :)

BlazingHeart
July 21st, 2011, 03:34 AM
Ooh, that looks like fun. Gotta love that mane of hers!

On a different geek note, I was very Squee! over her bow. They have a bow that actually lookes RIGHT (though the horn nocks are a bit long) - a slight recurve like that on a woman's bow in Scotland could be completely accurate, depending on the period it's set in. That pleases me more than I can say.

I'm also pleased that Disney has moved towards stronger leading ladies. I don't need a simpering Belle in her abusive relationship with Beast (not to even mention earlier Disney movies like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, both of which I love but recognize are enormously problematic in terms of sexism, with both having problematic implications about race), I'd rather see Mulan kicking butt and taking names or Rapunzel giving at least as good as she got. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but far closer to respectable heroes instead of simpering victims in need of saving ALL. THE. TIME.

MissAlida
July 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
Can't wait for this:D. I love pixar animated movies. They are so sweet.

GlennaGirl
July 21st, 2011, 10:35 PM
Oh my. I HAVE to see this movie.