PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo brushes

Audrey Horne
July 18th, 2011, 03:10 PM
A few days ago I've seen a nice inexpensive bamboo brush with really smooth bristles. I've never used one so I decided to ask you here... What's your experience? Do you use bamboo brushes? Are they damaging?
I use BBB and I'm not going to give it up but I thought bamboo brush could have some benefits, maybe for wurly people(?) I don't like the look of my hair on the 1st day of washing (maybe 2d too) if I don't brush everything out. However, BBB may turn me into a bush and a comb... Well, it's a different thing.

Let's discuss :flower: :)

Madora
July 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Audrey..I'm puzzled. How does your hair look after washing? Is it a little bit "wild"? Sort of the "untamed" look? Frizzy?

Are you seeking the bamboo brush to help calm it down a bit?

Just curious! Thank you!

Audrey Horne
July 18th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Audrey..I'm puzzled. How does your hair look after washing? Is it a little bit "wild"? Sort of the "untamed" look? Frizzy?

Are you seeking the bamboo brush to help calm it down a bit?

Just curious! Thank you!

No no, Madora, I don't think it's frizzy. It can be wild sometimes after clarifying but I have no problem with that, I can calm it down most of the times.
My hair looks ropey or stringy and, frankly speaking, I'm not into that look on myself. These thin tiny ropes... And the longer my hair gets the more it's pronounced.

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I have a brush with bamboo bristles. I love it.

It's made by Widu, and I've had this brush (https://www.widu.com/product/34593) for probably close to 20 years. The bristles are very, very smooth. It's pretty much the only brush I can get through my hair and it's very good for detangling.

I get the ropey look, too. Drives me a little crazy.

Audrey Horne
July 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have a brush with bamboo bristles. I love it.

It's made by Widu, and I've had [URL="https://www.widu.com/product/34593"]It's pretty much the only brush I can get through my hair and it's very good for detangling.

I get the ropey look, too. Drives me a little crazy.
It makes me want to have one... I've been quite successful with BBB and I take my time to brush section by section... But I imagine it'd be nice sometimes to get to my scalp easily! It's good to hear that it's good for detangling, def. a plus.

Does it give this brushed out look without being a poodle? I am hoooping!

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Your hair is probably a little curlier than mine is (you could probably tell by my profile pic - it's down in that photo), and mine is a bit longer than yours, so I don't really end up with poodle head. But my hair never gets that oh-so-sought-after silky smooth look, no matter what, unless I were to flat-iron it and 'cone the hell out of it (not happening).

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Oh, and I can't get a BBB through my hair at all. :nono:

Audrey Horne
July 18th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Oh, and I can't get a BBB through my hair at all. :nono:

Well, I can't too, it just slides on the canopy lol I don't think I have thick hair, however it became thicker since I joined LHC.
So I take a little section and brush, then clip it and take another section... So it touches skin to some degree, if I can say it. I push on my brush a bit in a hope to get somewhat closer to my scalp. It could work just lovely if I was extremely greasy :D The whole procedure takes an hour sometimes.
I can get a poodle look at my length, yes, and it can happen unexpectedly... Then it's the worst! I don't have to describe it.

I should retype my hair, btw, I'm not sure it's still the same...

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
The fluff-head thing was way worse for me at about APL. I think the weight of it at this length (mid-butt) keeps it from getting too enormous!

But those ropes....arghhhh!!!!

When I use the bamboo bristle brush, I section my hair off and do a little at a time, from the bottom to the top, until all the tangles are gone. Once everything is relatively smooth, I can take the brush all the way to the scalp and brush with long-ish strokes through most of it. Better still, I make my DH do it. :wink: It does feel good to have those bristles massage the scalp.

:)

Good luck!

rebeccamom
August 10th, 2021, 11:48 PM
The fluff-head thing was way worse for me at about APL. I think the weight of it at this length (mid-butt) keeps it from getting too enormous!

But those ropes....arghhhh!!!!

When I use the bamboo bristle brush, I section my hair off and do a little at a time, from the bottom to the top, until all the tangles are gone. Once everything is relatively smooth, I can take the brush all the way to the scalp and brush with long-ish strokes through most of it. Better still, I make my DH do it. :wink: It does feel good to have those bristles massage the scalp.

:)

Good luck!

Thank you... :)